Sunday, November 22, 2009

"New Moon" Party

Yesterday was the big day, the one I have been waiting months for...my New Moon party. As most people know, I am totally addicted to the Twilight books and now the movies. I can't help it, I just love them!

For the party, or get together to eat and socialize with friends, I found some fun things at Target. They had New Moon plates, napkins, and even chocolates (they were very yummy, BTW). My friend Melissa ordered an edible New Moon cake topper off eBay for me that I had put on a red velvet cake. I thought it turned out so cute, and yummy!




We did a lot of eating and talking before we went to enjoy the movie. It was fun having a bunch of friends over to hang out with. Before we left for the movie I had to get pictures of everyone there.

Back row: Lara, Julie, Me, Amy D, Frenchy (Amy B), Melissa, Taryn, Crystal, Tanya
Front row: Nichol, Alicia, Savannah


Frenchy and I bought our "Team Edward" shirts last year to wear to see "Twilight" and we decided to wear them again for "New Moon". I am an Edward fan all the way, even though Jacob does look good in this movie. I tried to squat down so I wouldn't look so tall next to her, I don't think it worked very well.


I know I'm a complete dork...I just had to do this because, like I said before, I'm a huge Edward fan. Josh laughed at me and shook his head when he saw this picture, he should know he's my real life Edward...minus the vampire stuff.


After all the fun with taking pictures, we headed to the movie. The theater was pretty full when we got there so we were lucky to find 13 seats together so none of us would have to sit separate. We did a LOT of giggling (like teenagers) before the movie started. I even noticed some real teenage girls behind us rolling their eyes at us, like we were so immature. Hey, just because we're older and have an average of 2.5 kids doesn't mean we can't have any fun, does it?

I got some more pictures before the movie started, I tried to get everyone in, but it was dark so it didn't turn out that well.




The movie was AWESOME!!! I liked it better than the first one, but I really like that one too. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD...that's going to be another long wait. On a side note, I don't have to wait another year before I can see the next movie, "Eclipse". It comes out in June...around the same time as mine and Lara's birthdays. That will be a fun present.

I had a really good time with these awesome girls. Thanks girls for making this a great movie premier. I will be counting down the days until next time.

7 comments:

Frenchy! said...

Hey....ya'll took a group pic @ the theater w/o me???? that's what I get for having to go to the bathroom....next time I'll hold it!

Frenchy! said...

OH and BY THE WAY...the party was great!! we've got a great bunch of gals that are sure FUN to hang out with....I LOVE IT!!

Melissa said...

Yay for New Moon and a fun party with awesome girls!!!! That cake was way yummy BTW!!! :)

Leisa said...

Dang! I really wish I could have been there. It looks like fun.

still laughing at the picture of you kissing Edward. :)

The Foisy's said...

Seriously loved it!!!! Thanks again!!! It was so fun! Can't wait till the next one but of course we'll be having a girls night before that!! lol

Lindsey said...

Seeing these pictures makes me more sad that I missed it. It would have been so much fun to go with all you guys. I am still not sure when I will get to see it.

Unguren said...

That looks like a good time. Look at all the stuff I miss...sigh.