Friday, November 13, 2009

What Did You Say???

Being a mom is the greatest gift of all, but along with motherhood comes some frustrations, and here are mine... Since having three kids, a lot of my clothes and shoes don't fit me anymore. The clothes for obvious reasons (I am working to try and remedy this), but the shoes, that's the most frustrating part. Before I had any kids I could wear between a size 9 and 10 shoe, yes that's right, I have big feet because I'm so tall. Anyway, after our last little angel we have been blessed with I now wear a size 11. Can I tell you how frustrating it is not being able to wear most of my shoes from before and trying to find new, cute shoes in that size. I totally feel like I'm discriminated against.

Last weekend while out and about with the family, Josh bought me a couple new pairs of shoes (below). I thought they were so cute, I just had to get them in two different colors. So, while I was getting down my size 11's to try on I heard a little voice, it was Jaron's, behind me say, "Why do you wear such a big size?" I turned around to him and said, "What did you just say?" I wanted to make sure I heard him correctly. I think he could sense that it probably wasn't the right thing to say so he said, "I didn't say anything". So then I preceded to tell him that I wear such a big size because I had him and Jantzen and Jaedyn. He just gave me a look like, "I'm sorry" and then turned to Josh. Josh then told him, "You just got yourself in trouble, huh".

This isn't the first time I have heard a lovely comment from him regarding my post pregnancy body. After I had Jantzen, I was trying on a skirt for church and came out to see Josh and Jaron on my bed. Jaron was only four at the time. I told Josh that the skirt made my toosh look big and Jaron said, "You can say that again!" Josh couldn't stop laughing.


All I have to say is, my kids are so lucky that I love them!

8 comments:

Amber said...

They are cute!

Melissa said...

Those are some super cute shoes. I noticed you wearing them on Sunday, and thought they were awesome!!! My feet have never gotten bigger after my kids, but I have always had to wear size 10-11 shoes, so I feel your pain... its so hard to find cute shoes in that size.

Unguren said...

Those shoes are very cute. I am sure that you rocked them!

The Ashby Family said...

I love them. Too bad I can't borrow them :)

Lara said...

LOVE those shoes! Where did you get them?!

Tanya said...

Those shoes are so adorable. What size did you say you were. Maybe you should think about having another one of those angels and donating those cute shoes to people in need of cute shoes. Hint, Hint.

Jossie said...

Cute! BTW if you need anybody to take your size 9 shoes off your hands (or 9 1/2) send them my way. My feet grew with Naiya too! All my shoes hurt my feet now :-(

Leisa said...

I need both pair. Those are HOT!