Today was another busy day at the school for Jaron and Jantzen. First, Jaedyn and I went to Jantzen's class for his "end of year" party. I had just brought in brownies (5 dozen of them that I made) yesterday for both the boys' birthdays, since they're in the summer, so I told Jantzen to pick out a treat at the store because I didn't want to bake anything for the party. He picked out some cookies.
As like all of the parties he's had in his class this year, there was a ton of treats for the kids to enjoy. I think this is why Jaedyn likes coming to the school, the kids always make a treat pile for her to eat. While Jantzen and Jaedyn enjoyed their treats, they got to watch a movie. It was a fun way for Jantzen to end his last full day as a 1st grader...
As like all of the parties he's had in his class this year, there was a ton of treats for the kids to enjoy. I think this is why Jaedyn likes coming to the school, the kids always make a treat pile for her to eat. While Jantzen and Jaedyn enjoyed their treats, they got to watch a movie. It was a fun way for Jantzen to end his last full day as a 1st grader...



Before Jantzen's party was over I had to leave to get to Jaron's 5th grade promotion program. Jantzen was very understanding about me having to leave.
Here's my princess being a little cheeser for the camera before the program started...

Here's a copy of the welcome program...

There were some words of inpiration inside the program that I loved. It was a statement by Dr. Seuss which read, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened".
The school principal got up and welcomed everyone to the promotion and she read the book, "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss, which just happened to be the theme for my senior year in high school. She then had me come up for an award. I was totally surprised because I wasn't expecting anything. She gave me an award for being the PTO president this year. The PTO kept me very busy, but I loved every minute I had being involved at the school. After the principal was done the honor choir sang some songs, then it was time for the teachers to present the kids with their promotion certificates.
Here's a copy of the award I was given...

Before Jaron's teacher called up his students for their promotion, he called me and another mom up. He mentioned to everyone there all the things that we've done to help out in his class this year and then he gave each of us a gift card. He gave me one to Payless because they have some cute jewelry and he knows I love to wear jewelry.
As Mr. Games called out the names of the students in his class, I suddenly got very nervous for Jaron. Not because I was worried if he'd pass the 5th grade or not, but because I was so sad to see him be done with elementary. He finally was called up. He got a "congratulations" and a hand shake from his teacher and then was handed his official promotion certificate...

My first born is no longer an elementary student...sniff, sniff. When all the students had gotten their certificates, the principal had them all stand up and introduced all the parents to the "Class of 2019"...I almost lost it! I had the hardest time holding back my tears. I was so happy for him to be all done with elementary, but at the same time I was so sad at the thought of him continually growing up.
After the promotion was all over, we went back to Jaron's classroom and got one last picture of him with Mr. Games...

Here's a close-up of Jaron's promotion certificate...

The kids were then allowed to go home, but Jaron wanted to stay and hang out with some of his friends until school was actually over.
Here he is with a couple of his favorite friends, Neo and Edward...

While Jaron was "hanging out" (I'm not allowed to call it "playing" anymore) with his friends, Jaedyn did what she always does when we'd go to his class...play on the computer...

It was an exciting day for Jantzen and Jaron, but a bittersweet day for me. Again, it's so hard for me to see my kids grow up. I didn't think it would be this emotional for me to have one of my kids move on to a different school, but it has been that kind of day so far. Jaron's so excited to move on to middle school and I know he'll do great.
There was a quote at the end of the promotion program that I thought was a good reference for Jaron to keep with him as he continues on with his education. It read...

Good luck next year in middle school Jaron and good luck next year in 2nd grade Jantzen. I know you boys will continue to be great students and friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment