Friday, March 14, 2014

Jaron's First Cross Country Meet...

Yesterday Jaron competed in his first ever cross country meet for his school's track team.  He was both nervous and excited at the same time.  He was mainly nervous because he signed up to run the 2 mile race.  Where this was his first time, I told him good luck and not to be mad if he doesn't win.

I got a few pictures of him before the races started...

 photo DSCN8872.jpg 
 
  Here's Jaron with his friend Brett...
 
 photo DSCN8871.jpg
 
  ...and his coach, Mr. Ferre, who also happens to be his school counselor...
 
 photo DSCN8873.jpg
 
  Jaron warmed up and stretched his legs, then lined up to begin his race...
 
 photo DSCN8874copy.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8875.jpg
 
  And he's off!
 
 photo DSCN8876copy.jpg
 
  After about a mile Jaron was really starting to struggle.  I think he was seriously regretting his decision to make his first big race be the 2 mile one.  Josh decided that he'd go out and run the second mile with Jaron to help keep him going...
 
 photo DSCN8877.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8878.jpg
 
 Jaron made it across the finish line in 8th place, which I thought was pretty good.  Josh finished after Jaron because he lost one of his shoes and had to go back for it.  That's what happens when you try to run in Vans and not actual running shoes.
 
 photo DSCN8879.jpg
 
 Here's Jaron's school track team, four of them placed in the race.  Can you find Jaron hiding amongst all of them??
 
 photo DSCN8881.jpg
 
  Jaron was so exhausted after that race, I would be too!  I'm so proud of him for finishing it and not giving up.  It also makes me happy that Josh went out to help and support Jaron when he could see that he was struggling a little.
 
 photo DSCN8882.jpg
 
I also loved how Jantzen was a good little brother and went out to "help" Jaron relax a little.  Sometimes they can be so nice to each other...
  
 photo 20140313_170052.jpg
 
 Keep up the hard work Jaron and you'll get better every time!

No comments: