Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two Plus One Makes Three!

Some people already know our good news, but now we are going to share it with everyone. We are expecting baby number three. We were trying to keep it a secret until I had my first ultrasound and got an official due date, but we were too excited and told some people. Then there's our little angel Jantzen that had to spill the beans at preschool a couple weeks ago. They were doing an art project where they had to color each member of their family and put them in order. Shadoe was cutting out some babies for some of the kids that have a little brother or sister to add to their papers. Jantzen decided to let Shadoe know that he needed a baby for his. She asked him if he was sure and he said "yes, my mommy has a baby in her tummy, I can't sit on her lap because she doesn't feel good". Shaode said Jantzen was very insistent about having a baby for his paper. She gave it to him and he put it on my tummy. She said it was the cutest thing. I did inform her when I picked him up that yes it is true, but we weren't really announcing it yet. Jantzen was very proud of his picture and I think it's so cute!


I went to the doctor yesterday, finally! My appointment was cancelled last week and I have been feeling like crap and have been wanting something to make me fell better so I can take care of my kids and my house. My poor house has been neglected for the last few weeks. Josh has been good about helping out when he's not at work.

I was told that I'm 12 weeks, but my ultrasound said the baby is only measuring 10 weeks 2 days. I'm hoping that changes, I don't want to have to be pregnant any longer than absolutely necessary. So, as of right now my due date is SEPTEMBER 7. Depending on how things go, I will probably be started the last week in August. Jaron is hoping. All of our birthdays are in July except for Jaron, so he wants another August baby so he doesn't feel so left out anymore. So far everything looks good and we are all really excited. Jaron asked me if he can start telling his friends now and I told him yes. First thing when he got to school today he went up to Espen and whispered the news in his ear. He was grinning from ear to ear while he was doing it. I'm really glad he's so happy about it. Jantzen is happy too, but I think he still wants to be the baby so hopefully we will have a girl and he can be my baby boy forever. Josh also is hoping for a girl. Our boys are momma's boys and he said he needs a little princess that will be a daddy's girl. In about 6-8 weeks we will be able to find out so we are going to be very anxious until then. We can't wait!

(Our little peanut, due Sept. 7)




8 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY!! Congrats!! I wondered if you were lying about it the other day! :) I'm so glad things are going well!! September is a great month, that is when my birthday is too! I'm so excited for you!!!! :)

Jaime Lynne said...

Congrats to you! Jantzen's pic is just adorable.

Amber said...

Yay! I was hoping you would announce soon! I've been so excited for you guys. I'll make sure to cross my fingers for a girl! So happy for you guys and keep us posted. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!

Katie said...

Congratulations! Kids tell everything-even the "secret" family biz. I think I'll hang out with Jantzen and find out more Goddard gossip! I'm so happy for you!

Samantha said...

Great news Kati!

Lindsey said...

Congrats!! You might get lucky-it does seem like there have been more girls being born lately.

Corinne said...

I really am happy for you - it's so exciting :)

nena said...

Hey I am feeling like the loser sis-in-law by not saying Congratulations on here!!! I am excited to be a new aunt!!!!