The next ride we went on was the "Grizzly River Run". It was a water ride and Jaron didn't have fun on it. He said he hates water rides and he got his hair wet. We probably should have done this ride last, but oh well. Jantzen on the other hand absolutely loved it! I got a picture of Josh with his hands up, he said Jantzen was doing that down the hills and then he had to poke out his head so he could see me waiting for them.
We let the boys play in the "Brother Bear" play area which had a lot of rope bridges that I hate. I am terrified of high places but I went on a couple bridges anyway until some little kids behind me started running across them, then I was DONE! I told Josh he would have to take the boys cuz I'm taking the stairs and would wait for them at the bottom.
Josh tried his hardest to convince Jaron to go on the "California Screamin'" with him which is a big roller coaster that has one upside down loop and goes pretty fast. It didn't work, Jaron wasn't convinced that he would like it so we moved on to something else. We ended up going to the "Bugs Life" show. Little did we know it wasn't going to end up being a favorite. It was a 3-D show that had bugs that would come out of holes and squirt things at you. One of the bugs squirted "his" poison at us and we got a real splash of water. Jantzen didn't think that was cool. He started to cry. Then another bug sprayed "bug spray" at us to let us know what it's like when they get sprayed by humans. We got a mist spray that was kind of foggy, again Jantzen started crying and then Jaron joined in with him. Things got worse when the black widows came down from the ceiling. I thought Jaron was going to have a heart attack. We finally got to the end of the show and then our seats started moving underneath us like there was bugs running across our tooshies. The boys had had it by then. We were trying to calm them down and tell them it was fake but that didn't work. Josh and I thought it was a cool show. Maybe when they are older they will enjoy it.
We did a bunch more rides in the Bugs Life area, that I couldn't do, but I got some cute pictures of. We then went to the "Toy Story Mania" ride that we mainly went there for. It was another 3-D ride that you have targets to shoot at while your car spins you a little. I decided I was going to go on this ride. I didn't want to miss out on everything. There was a long line to get on so we got to enjoy some churros while we waited. Jantzen sat with me and Jaron with Josh. That's pretty much how it was the whole time. Jantzen wanted to be my riding buddy the whole time. At the end of the ride like most of them, there was a toy store you had to walk through to get out. The first thing Jantzen saw was a "Spuda Fett" Mr. Potato Head. He just had to have it, he said, so we got it for him. He was so excited! After he got that all he wanted to do was go back to the hotel so he could play with it.
We then went over to Disneyland to spend the rest of the day. The boys ended up riding the "Star Tours" ride first and when they came out Josh said it made him sick. I'm glad I didn't go on it. We then had to get the all three kids their very own pair of Mickey Mouse ears with their names on them. Jaron picked out the regular black ears, Jantzen picked out a Toy Story pair, and Josh picked out a pink princess pair for Jaedyn. Josh decided he was going to wear Jaedyn's ears since she's not here yet. They all looked so cute that I had to get a picture of them together. Isn't Josh adorable in pink (one of his favorite colors).
We then headed to a few more rides including the "Buzz Lightyear" ride, where the boys had a blast! We tried to do the "Autopia", but the cars started breaking down and after a really long wait they closed it down. We went to take the "Disneyland Express" train ride instead. It took us all the way around the park. It was a nice calm ride that made it so we could enjoy seeing all of the park without having to walk it. I got a really cute picture of the boys that I think is one of my favorites from our vacation.
It was getting late and we were all getting tired so the last ride that we got on for the day was the "Nemo" submarine. Jantzen was a little hesitant at first because he didn't know how he felt about going under water. He ended up really liking it. He loves Squirt the turtle from Nemo so he thought it was cool that he got to see him swimming around under water. We did of course have to get a picture of the kids again with their Mickey ears and this time we let Jaedyn kind of sort of wear her hat. I put it on my tummy. The sun was a little bright on us but I think it turned out good other than the fact that Jantzen was being grumpy because he was tired.
Before we could leave the park we had to get the boys a toy to play with. Jaron picked out a Star Wars Trooper gun and Jantzen picked out a Boba Fett stuffed toy. What is it with my boys and Star Wars? I thought it was funny that we were in Disneyland and neither one of them got Disney stuff, they only got Star Wars stuff.
Day two coming soon...



No comments:
Post a Comment