After we all got cleaned up we got ready to color our Easter eggs. Jaron and Jantzen were fascinated by everything I had to do to get ready for it. Jaedyn was taking a nap so she didn't join in the fun, next year she will. The boys colored on their eggs with a white crayon before they put them in the dye. Jantzen mostly drew smiley faces, it was cute.
Jaron was okay putting the eggs in the colors by himself, but Jantzen was a different story. He freaked out when I showed him how to do it, so most of the time I had to put his eggs in the colors for him. He did, however, figure out a way to do it himself...he just dropped the eggs in the dye. I quickly put an end to that, I didn't want coloring all over my tile. Jantzen got a little more comfortable holding the eggs after a little while.
I accidentally dropped one egg on the table before it was colored and Jaron had the perfect solution...he ate it! He LOVES hard boiled eggs! He just kept coloring his eggs while he ate, he's such a multi-tasker. Jantzen said he wanted an egg to eat too, but when I gave one to him he said, "No, I want a yellow one". When I told him the yolk inside is yellow he said, "No, I want it yellow like when you scramble it". I had to inform him that it's only yellow then because it's mixed with the yolk...yeah, he didn't want one after that.
After their eggs were colored and dry the boys added stickers. There were a lot of cute stickers they could have used, but they both only chose the sports ones.
Here are the finished products. I think they did an awesome job. You can even see some of Jantzen's faces on his eggs. We even made an egg for Jaedyn since she wasn't there to help. She got her very own "princess" egg, it's too bad she can't eat it. I'm sure Jaron will help her out with that.
We all had a lot of fun coloring eggs. After we were done we ate dinner and then watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakqual". The boys love that movie, they laughed the whole way through it. It was a busy, but fun day. I look forward to more days like this with my family.


4 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad the boys enjoyed it!
Dallin wants to see that movie, I should rent it...
That is a whole slew of colors. We only had red, yellow, blue and green. Kinda weak sauce on our part.
How fun- all our eggs are still sitting in the fridge- my kids love the coloring part, but are not so good about eating them.
Looks so fun! Easton dropped an egg too and then ate it...I;m pretty sure he dropped it on purpose so he could eat it!
Post a Comment