Jantzen thought this fish was cool because it was as big as him, but weighed a ton more.
Next, he go to see the piranha's. Last year when we came for Jaron's field trip, his class got to see them go crazy when they got fed, but the tour guide didn't feed them this time. It's too bad they didn't, it's pretty cool to see.
Here's Jantzen in the fish tank tunnel. His favorite creature in here was the Zebra Shark. Before we left, he just had to get a picture of himself with Jaedyn, of course giving her a kiss...he's such a sweet brother. They are just too cute!
After we left the tunnel, we came to the area where the kids could touch some rays. Jantzen wanted nothing to do with that. He starred at them for a minute and then said, "I'm NOT touching them!" It's funny because Jaron had a blast touching the rays and I thought Jantzen would too. He just watched his preschool buddies as they played around. I guess the plus side to him not sticking his hand in the water was I didn't have to worry about sanitizing them.
Here's Jantzen with his friend Conner checking out the jelly fish and the star fish. He thought they were both pretty cool. I thought the star fish on the glass was fun. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Jantzen right in front of it to make it look like it was eating him, but there were so many people there that day and they started crowding around us, so this is the best I could get.
Next up was the big shark tank. The only thing Jantzen was looking for in here were the turtles. While he was looking he got to see some scuba divers in there. They were cleaning the glass on the tank and he thought it was pretty cool that they were swimming with the sharks, I did too. Every time I've been here I've never seen scuba divers. They were waving at all the kids, Jaedyn was looking very intently at them. I think she was trying to figure out what they were.
It was time to leave the big shark tank, but Jantzen hadn't seen a turtle yet, so I stayed back with him to find one. Luckily as we were leaving one came out and swam over his head. He was so happy that he got to see it before we left. I would've been sad if he hadn't been able to.
After the tour, the kids got to go into a class room and learn more about some of the creatures that they have there. They learned mostly about different kinds of turtles. Then they all got to make their own paper plate turtle. Jantzen took his time putting his together and coloring it. He did such a good job and loved every minute of it. It's funny how much he loves turtles.
Here's my attempt at a group shot of the kids before we went home, some of them were being crazy. It was in front of a fish tank that is in the class room, but it opens up so you can see tourists on the other side.
Jantzen had a great time on his field trip to the "Shark Reef". We didn't even get out the door before he asked when he can come back and he's been asking every day since.


3 comments:
Too fun- it's been a long time since we have been there. I think that's funny he didn't want to touch the rays though- I would have thought he would have been all over that.
That was a fun field trip! Conner had so much fun and asks to go back too!
We went once with the kids and they loved it. Blake and I were a little underwelmed.
Post a Comment