Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"Happy Birthday" To Us!...

Tonight we finished celebrating mine and Josh's birthdays.

Yesterday was my birthday.  I spent the morning of my birthday running some errands by myself, which is such a nice break sometimes.  When I got home, this is what I came in the door too...

 photo DSCN7009_zps0812553c.jpg
 
 ...my kids made a "Happy Birthday" sign for me and yelled "Happy Birthday" as I walked in the door.  It was the sweetest thing ever!  Jaron told me that since I always do fun things like this for them on their birthdays, they wanted to do something nice for me...I loved it!!!  Mission accomplished kids!
 
For dinner, I chose to go to Sweet Tomatoes, which the kids were all happy about.  It was yummy, as usual.  After dinner we went home to enjoy some yummy birthday cake.  Josh and I always have our cakes on the same day and we don't like the same kind so we never just have one.  I picked up our cakes earlier and got a little frustrated about them because my name was spelled wrong, even though I told them how to spell it right before they did it, and because Josh's name looked like it was written by a child.  Oh well, They still tasted good!
 
 photo DSCN7013_zps2adb770d.jpg
 
The kids sang "Happy Birthday" to us...
 
 photo DSCN7016_zps63d3d850.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN7018_zpsfbb38bc8.jpg
 
...then we blew out our candles.  Notice how we don't have a lot of candles on our cakes????  We didn't want to start a fire with all the candles we'd have to put on them because we're so old...hahaha!!!
 
For my birthday I got some new perfume...my favorite kind.  Josh also told me that I can go shopping and buy myself some new clothes.  I'm for sure going to have fun with that!!
 
 photo DSCN7023_zps3d17e820.jpg
 
 Today was Josh's birthday and he chose to go to Red Robin for dinner...a family favorite.  We made the mistake of ordering Jaedyn some lemonade, when what she really wanted was some chocolate milk.  Since she had two different drinks that she didn't want to waste, she decided to drink them both at the same time...GROSS!!!  She apparently liked it because she kept drinking it that way.
 
 photo DSC07771_zps740f34b0.jpg
 
  While we were waiting for our food to come, Jaedyn and Josh had fun playing around for the camera...
 
 photo jaedynandjosh_zps0693933c.jpg
 
  After dinner, the waiters sang "Happy Birthday" to Josh and then he got his ice cream sundae.  Of course, Jaedyn had to have some too!
 
 photo photo7_zps0283d92a.jpg
 
 
 photo photo8_zpsea917b8b.jpg
 
 I got one quick picture of us birthdays kids before we headed home for more cake and ice cream...
 
 photo photo10_zps1728e871.jpg
 
  Before we ate cake and ice cream, we had Josh open his presents...
 
 photo DSCN7025_zps38c56141.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN7026_zps345abc18.jpg
 
  Jaedyn wanted to be the garbage can for the night...silly girl!
 
 photo DSCN7027_zps8a44f887.jpg
 
 We gave Josh some protein powder, a container to hold it in, an Amazon gift card, some Diet Coke, and then I told him he can go pick out some more gym clothes...
 
 photo DSCN7028_zpsceff4577.jpg
 
After he opened his presents we sang "Happy Birthday" again, then we enjoyed some more cake and ice cream.  
 
We've been celebrating our birthdays together for 15 years now and it's just as much fun now as it was the first time.  Nothings better than sharing your special day with your best friend.
 
HAPPY 36th and 38th BIRTHDAY'S TO US!!!!!

No comments: