On the ride there Jaron didn't want to sit by me on the bus, instead he sat by Kristin (he did on the way back too). I guess I'm not cool enough for him anymore while his friends are around. I don't know if I like the fact that he's growing up. That's okay though, the seats on the bus really are not made for tall pregnant women. I had to sit sideways and it was very uncomfortable, so Jaron wouldn't have fit on the seat with me.
We finally got there and they got to see a lot of really cool animals including the Komoto Dragon. He just stared down the kids the whole time. And, of course we saw lots of sharks (and Jaron again is by Kristin).
Then came the part where they got to touch the Sting Rays. The stingers have been taken out so they wouldn't get hurt. The kids always think this is a cool thing. Jaron had a lot of fun touching them and said they were really slimy. I, personally, have never touched them. I hate anything fishy.
I thought this octopus looked really cool on the glass so I had to get a picture of Jaron with it. It kind of looks like it's going to get him.
There was a lot more that we got to see, like Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, and many more different kinds of sharks. We even got to go to a different room not open to the public that has Sea Horses, snakes, Puffer Fish, and other kinds of creatures. The kids got to explore on their own with Alligator,Crocodile, and Sea Turtle skulls. It was a good learning experience for them and we all had a good time.



1 comment:
That's the way to see the ins and outs of the Shark Reef. We love that place but how cool that they got a behind the scenes look! Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment