Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Christmas 2009

Christmas was really fun this year with the kids. We had a countdown on our computer that Jantzen would check every morning so he could see how many days were left until Santa came. He was so much more excited this year than he has been in the past. It was also cute to hear Jaron remind him on a daily basis what Christmas is all about.

Here is a picture of our Christmas tree with the presents Santa left for the kids. It was taken with my old camera, so it's not that clear. Josh got me a new camera and gave it to me when the kids were coming downstairs...I love it! Santa brought Jaron a Tony Hawk skateboard Wii game (a real board without the wheels), Jantzen got a Buzz Lightyear jet pack and wrist laser, and Jaedyn got a stroller/walker for when she starts to become mobile.


We didn't have to get up early because everyone slept in, it was nice. Jaron was the first one to wake up. He was waiting so patiently, but I know he wanted to wake everyone up so he could see what presents he got. The rest of us got up around nine, that's what happens when you stay up really late.

Here is this years traditional picture in pj's before we open presents. This was the only one where Jaedyn was smiling, but I think Jantzen was tired of getting his picture taken. They were so cute and excited to see what they got.


Santa left some fun things in the kids' stockings. Jaron got some more Star Wars action figures, Jantzen got a new Lego Boba Fett (he got one last year and he lost it so he asked for another one this year) and some cars, and Jaedyn got some rattles and chew toys. I don't know exactly what she was thinking, but I think by the look on her face that she was excited.

It was fun seeing how excited the kids got when they were opening their presents. Josh helped Jaedyn open her presents and I think she liked the paper more, which is how the first Christmas has been for all of my kids.






Jantzen gave Jaedyn her first baby doll. When I asked him what he wanted to get her, he said, "A cute baby doll". It's really soft and has a rattle inside. Jaron gave her a glow worm with a face that lights up when the music is playing. I think she loves them both. We got her a Bumbo and a tray that goes with it so she can sit and play with her toys.




The kids all got a lot of fun toys this year. Jaron mostly got Wii games and Lego's, Jantzen got a lot of Buzz Lightyear and Star Wars things, and Jaedyn got a lot of pink/purple things. It was fun buying girl stuff this year.




This is Jantzen's new Buzz Lightyear stuffed toy that came with his Buzz Lightyear blanket. It has velcro hands so Jantzen decided to give him a "kitty-back" ride through the house (that's how he says "piggy-back" ride). He also had to pose for me with his new Buzz Lightyear jet pack and laser. He wore these all day and kept hitting the wings on everything. We had to keep reminding him to walk sideways so he wouldn't break or dent anything.



Both Jaron and Jantzen got one of these Wolverine claws. Jaron likes to play with both. He ran around the house all day pretending he was Wolverine. I just love his facial expression in this picture, he's so into character. My boys have the best imaginations. It's so entertaining to watch them play.


After we were done opening presents, Josh made crepes for breakfast. They were really yummy, Jaron had three. We then let the kids play a little longer before we got ready for the day. We took the kids to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Sqeakquel" for our annual Christmas day movie. It was a cute movie and the boys laughed a ton. Jaedyn slept for part of the time and watched part of the movie, she was really good.

After the movie we came back home so the kids could play with their toys. I took some more pictures of Jaedyn in her Bumbo wearing her Christmas shirt before she spit up all over it. I tried to get some smiles out of her, but as soon as I took her picture she stopped. She still looks so cute though.



While the kids played with their toys, and Jaedyn was napping, Josh and I played Lego Rockband for about three hours. We made our own characters, mine is named Twylee and Josh named his Lumber Jac. The boys didn't want to play with us, but we had fun, just the two of us.

I think Christmas turned out good this year. The kids were happy with what they got and have been enjoying their new toys. I'm looking forward to next year when Jaedyn is a little older and will know more of what's going on. I'm grateful for the Christmas season and for all it represents and for the opportunity I have to share it with my family. We have been very blessed this year and we are grateful for all that we have.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Your kids got some great stuff! Dallin got Rylee the same glo worm for Christmas! Glad Santa found your kids! :)

Melissa said...

Landon got a bumbo too! And Brayden also picked out the same glow worm for him too! Looks like that was a popular gift! Glad you have a good christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your kids had a great christmas. Your kids a adorable. Jaedyn is growing so fast. Cute family. Happy New Year.

Unguren said...

It looks like it was a good Christmas.

Bumbos are the best. We have had ours for Laney and Canon.