Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jantz's Spiderman Party!

Yesterday Jantzen got to celebrate his birthday some more, but with his friends this time. We continued the Spiderman theme and had the church gym all decorated for him when he arrived.

Here's the invitation I made this year for Jantzen's birthday...


I made cupcakes this time instead of buying them, although I think buying them is a little easier time wise. Jantzen did inform me though that spider webs are white, not black, so I made a special cupcake with a white web just for him...I think they all turned out pretty cute and they were yummy.





I was so proud of myself this year because I did a lot of homemade stuff for Jantzen's party. Some of the other things I did were games. This was the "Spiderland" game. It's played just like like "Candyland", but I colored different Spiderman pictures, the good guys to advance on the board and the bad guys (Venom, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus) that made the kids lose a turn.


Another game I made was "Pin The Spider On The Web". I made the web out of yarn and the spiders out of felt, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes (that's what Jantz calls them).


When the kids first arrived they got to color bags for their pinata candy. They all seemed to enjoy the coloring, the girls more than the boys.


When they were all done coloring we started the games. First we played "Spiderland". Jaron was my helper and walked along letting the kids draw their cards. It was a little chaotic, but fun at the same time. Avery ended up making it to "Spiderland" first and won the game.


Next up was "Pin the Spider on the Web". Jantzen went first, of course, but he didn't get very close to the middle of the web. It ended up being Bailey that won, but I was later informed, and you can tell by the picture of her, that she peeked. That's okay though, it was still fun for the kids and the spiders looked super cute all over the web at the end of the game.



We had more time than I thought so we played a couple more games before we did presents and cupcakes. Another game we played that the kids had a blast with was "Spider, Spider, Bite!" You play it just like "Duck, Duck, Goose!"

It was fun watching and listening to the kids play this game. When Jantzen was it he would say, "Spider, Spider, Bit", instead of "Bite"...it was so cute! When it was Jaron's turn to be it, he had Dallin chasing him, so I grabbed and held him so Dallin could get him. All the kids thought that was funny.


Next up was pinata time. We lined the kids up so they could all have a turn hitting Spiderman. I told them they could all have one hit, but unfortunately not all the kids got a turn. After about five kids, it was McClayn's turn. She must have a super strong swing because she be-headed poor Spiderman.



I had all the kids get their bags they colored, had them line up, and then told them to "GO!". It was a crazy mad house of kids trying to get candy! There would've been a little more candy, but someone (I won't mention any names...Josh), ate some of it during the other games. I think all the kids got a good amount of candy anyway.



After the candy was all gone, we played one more game, "Spiderman Says". Jantzen was Spiderman and told all the kids what to do. He did a good job of tricking the kids and getting them out, and playing around a bit himself. And it just happened to be that Bailey won this game too, she's good! (Not to mention she's one of the girls Jantzen says he's going to marry when he's older)


Finally came the part Jantzen was anxiously waiting for...the presents!! He had so much fun opening his presents, what person doesn't. He got a ton of fun new toys, that he was so excited to play with. His friends were really good to him this year.

Jaron was really excited for the new Bionicle Jantzen got from Avery. He put it together when we got home and has been playing with it ever since.





After his presents were all opened, it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" and eat cupcakes. Jantzen got a little embarrassed when we sang to him, but I know he liked it too.


All the kids ate two cupcakes each and they probably would have eaten more, but I didn't have more for them. I'm glad they liked them.

Jantzen really enjoyed his, as you can tell. He always eats the frosting off first, then the cake part. He's such a funny kid!



After cupcakes, we still had about 10-15 minutes left of the party, so thanks to some helpers of mine who blew up balloons, the kids got to just run around with balloons the rest of the time. I know they all had fun with the other games we played, but I think this was the funnest part for them. They all got to run wild and what kid doesn't like to do that...I know mine do.



When the party was all over and everything cleaned up, we headed to Red Robin for Jantzen's birthday dinner. We didn't go on his actual birthday because we were waiting for family to come into town to go. And yes, Red Robin is where the boys always want to go for their birthday's.

All the kids had their usual...mac and cheese. After they ate, some of the servers came and sang the Red Robin "Happy Birthday" song and gave Jantzen his ice cream sundae. He was really excited for this part of dinner and he had a fun time enjoying his ice cream, as you can tell. Both him and Tate had a good time hanging out and you can tell they come from the same family...they are both very cheesy little boys!





Thank you to my family members, Nena, Kevin, and Sadie, that helped decorate the gym for the party...it was a big help, and thank you to my friend Lara for being my photographer and for getting a ton of fun pictures. And another thank you to all of Jantzen's friends that came to celebrate his birthday with him. Everything turned out so good for his party, it was a big success! I have so much fun doing things like this for my kids and I know they love it too. I love you Jantzen!

6 comments:

Jossie said...

Tyler said it was the best birthday party ever!!! Happy Birthday Jantzen!

The Foisy's said...

That was so dang cute! You did such a good job. I usually change my blog for the fourth, then I forgot! Lol. Seriously this pregnancy has stopped me from doing a lot. I feel like I don't have a brain!

Lindsey said...

They better love that stuff since we go to so much working planning and getting things ready. That's why I just can't bring myself to do it every single year. Brendan had a great time too.

nena said...

Jantzen is just so big and he totally cracks me up!!!! My kids had so much fun at his party, so glad we could be there!!!!! And I just love the picture of me from behind...... you should work on your photo shop skills and make my hair look better :)

lcdiaz said...

What a fun party! You did awesome on the cupcakes and the party games! I'm totally gonna steal those ideas! I would also choose Red Robin for my birthday dinner too :) Yum! Happy birthday jantzen

Leisa said...

I'm so behind on reading your blog. Hopefully my life will slow down so that I can get back into it.

Your kids are so dang cute. It looks like your summer has been fun. Next birthday party you throw, I better be invited!! :) You do a great job.