Last weekend we celebrated Pioneer Days with our stake. The boys look forward to this every year, even though it feels like it's a million degrees outside.
On Friday night we went and enjoyed the BBQ dinner with the Foisy's. The kids enjoyed hanging out and relaxing on the grass. (I kind of had a hard time getting Jaedyn and Avery to look at the camera at the same time...they are a couple of super cute girls!)
On Friday night we went and enjoyed the BBQ dinner with the Foisy's. The kids enjoyed hanging out and relaxing on the grass. (I kind of had a hard time getting Jaedyn and Avery to look at the camera at the same time...they are a couple of super cute girls!)
There was also a rope making tent that Jaron went to. He made this rope which Josh and I think is a great thing to have to keep the boys under control...I don't think they like it very much though.

This is the face of a hungry, tired little girl. Poor Jaedyn was being fussy around 9:30ish, so we decided to leave. It didn't occur to me until we got home that she was being fussy because she was hungry and we totally forgot to feed her. What awesome parents we are!
On Saturday we went to the carnival part of Pioneer Days. The boys love this, me not so much because of the heat. The first thing Jaron and Jantzen did was the wall climb. I tried to get them to go together, but that didn't work very well.


Next up was all the water slides. This year we remembered the swimsuits. Last year we didn't and the boys had to wear wet clothes all night. This year I was really wishing they had water slides for the adults, it was sooo hot and humid! I did, however, stand at the bottom of the slides and got a little wet when the kids came down and splashed the water...that felt good. I also had my squirt bottle fan that never left my side the whole time we were there.
I love the expressions on Jaron and Jantzen's faces every time they went down the slides. Again, I tried to get them to go down together, but again it didn't happen. They spent about an hour on the water slides and had so much fun.

Notice how Jaron's sitting at the top in the first picture while Jantzen slides down, and the opposite in the second picture. I told them both to go at the same time, but they just sat there.

While the boys were enjoying the relief from the heat, Josh and Jaedyn hung out on the blanket, saving us a place to watch the fireworks at the end of the night. I think she was enjoying being outside, crawling around although she didn't venture off the blanket. I think maybe she still doesn't like the grass.
One of the last things Jaron and Jantzen did was the jumbo boxing. One would think that Jantzen would totally kick Jaron's behind, but that didn't happen. Jaron was actually beating Jantzen up and even got a good shot to his face that made him super angry. Jantzen threw off his gloves and gave Jaron the look of death, he was so mad, but quickly got over it. He put his gloves back on and proceeded to swing at Jaron with everything he had. I don't think he got very many hits, but he seemed to really enjoy it. They both had a lot of fun boxing with each other.


After the boys were done playing around we got something to eat before the fireworks started. Jaedyn really enjoyed her graham crackers and a little bit of a scone with me.
When we were all done with dinner we just hung out, waiting for the fireworks to start. Jaedyn was a daddy's girl most of the night while the boys just wanted to be with friends and goof around.
(Jaron and his BFF Jace just chillin')
I don't know what Jantzen was doing here, being himself I guess. That's my Jantzilla!
This was a picture that Avery took of Jantzen. She was wanting to see him on my camera and then asked if she could take his picture.
Don't the boys look so cute in their matching clothes? I brought dry shorts for them, but they decided to keep their swimsuits on, oh well.
Finally the fireworks started, they were good again this year. Jaedyn loved them except the really loud ones, she jumped a little. I don't blame her, they were really loud. My ears were ringing the rest of the night and I couldn't hear very well until the next morning.
Here's Jaedyn enjoying the fireworks with her daddy.
Before we packed up and went home I caught Jantzen and Avery sharing a chair together. It was so cute, I had to get a picture.
We had a good time again this year at Pioneer Days, even with the heat. It's fun to have traditions to look forward to every year. Maybe one of these years I'll get used to the heat and it won't bother me so much, and maybe not. Next year should be more fun when Jaedyn can do some of the games with the boys. Until then...


2 comments:
I think you are so brave to go- I think it looks like so much fun, but I always just can't stand the thought of going in the heat. I am such a wimp when it comes to that. I actually had to be out of town this year, but I think I am going to have to just suck it up and go next year.
Poor Jaedyn- I can't believe you forgot to feed her! I have never done anything like that. ( I hope you detect my sarcasm).
What is up with that? Fun for the kids but none for the adults. It's like they want you to suffer. Pioneer style.
Post a Comment