Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Kids Are So Thoughtful...

Despite the occasional tantrums, I have the best kids in the whole world. They are the sweetest, funniest, and most thoughtful and caring kids around.

On Monday Jaron woke up really sick, the rest of us except Jaedyn have already had this garbage. He was puking, had the chills, a headache, and he had a serious stomach ache (if you know what I mean). I felt really bad for him because he hasn't been sick since he was about a year old, so needless to say, he was MISERABLE!! I quarantined him to my bedroom so Jaedyn wouldn't be around him and that was killing all of them. Jantzen and Jaedyn missed Jaron so much. They would stand at my bedroom door calling Jaron and they had the saddest looks on their faces because they knew they couldn't play with him and vice versa. I think Jaedyn had the hardest time with it, she would call out, "Honey!" (her new name for him). She wanted to play with Jaron so much and she didn't really understand what was going on. Occasionally Jaron would crawl out of my room to see what Jantz and Jaedyn were up to. He said he was just making sure they were having a fun day...he's so sweet even when he's sick.

To try and make Jaron feel better, Jantzen and Jaedyn made him some cards.

This was Jantzen's card to Jaron. On the outside was a drawing of where Jaron was laying in my room. My bed is the big square along with my lamp and nightstand. On the other side of the bed is Josh's dresser and pillow on the floor. Jaron's laying at the foot of my bed on the floor under his blanket. You can only see his hands and not his face because he's reading Jantzen's card (that's what Jantz told me). On the inside Jantzen wrote that he hopes Jaron feels better soon. I love how he's sounding out how to spell words...


This was Jaedyn's card to Jaron. She colored him a pretty picture and on the inside I know if she could write, this picture would say, "I hope you feel better Honey".


Jaedyn also drew Jaron a picture in a frame that Jantzen made out of crayons and staples...


Jaron is such a lucky kid to have siblings that love him so much and who are so concerned about him. I guess his example of being the same way is rubbing off on them. Jaron felt much better the next day and Jantzen really thinks it's because of the cards they made for him, that's so sweet. I love my kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuck. I hope everyone is feeling better. We got that in our house a few weeks ago...so miserable. Those cards are so cute though!