Here is a view of our backyard during the start of the storm. I'm thinking I don't have to fill up the pool with more water this week thanks to the rain...

While I was taking pictures, some hail found it's way into our house. Jantzen quickly picked it up and yelled about how cold it was. The hail was about the size of a marble, it was crazy!

We all made our way to the front yard to see what it looked like in this freak storm and this is what we saw, hail all over the ground and a rather large swimming pool forming in the street making it's way up our driveway (I was praying that the hail wouldn't damage my Tahoe)...



We even had a little stream coming down from the side gate to our backyard...

...and a river forming in the storm channel on the side of our house...

The Rodeo was quickly being engulfed by water, the drain couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I think it was crazy how the sidewalk was covered with water.

I was a nice mom and I let Jaron and Jantzen go out and play in the rain and hail. Jaedyn was asleep, so we didn't bother her. She actually slept through the whole thing, that surprised me because it was a really loud storm.
The boys thought it would be fun to gather up some hail, but quickly realized how cold it is! I'm not sure what's up with Jantzen's face, but I do think it's kind of funny! Don't you love the fact that they're wearing flip flops?!?! I do!
The boys thought it would be fun to gather up some hail, but quickly realized how cold it is! I'm not sure what's up with Jantzen's face, but I do think it's kind of funny! Don't you love the fact that they're wearing flip flops?!?! I do!

After playing with the hail for a little bit, the boys decided to run around and check out all the water...

It seriously looks like they are standing on a river bank in this picture...

Then they were off to play in the water for a while...





Jantzen kept losing his flip flops in the water. I probably should have made them wear something other than flip flops, but I guess this way they wouldn't ruin any shoes.



The boys started getting brave and they would run in the water a little bit. One of the times that Jantzen was running he slipped and fell down, getting himself all wet on his back side...

As you can see in this picture, the boys had so much fun playing in the rain. This was the first time I've ever let them do that (not that it rains here very much) and it made them sooo happy.

I'm glad that I let Jaron and Jantzen have some Sunday afternoon fun in the rain. It brought back so many memories of when I was a little girl playing in the rain puddles, except I always wore my nice shoes and I ruined them. It's too bad that Jaedyn was asleep during the whole thing, maybe next time she'll get to play in it too.


1 comment:
We didn't get as much rain as you at our house and we didn't get any Hail. I love that last picture of the boys!
Post a Comment