Friday, September 23, 2011

Meet Team "Lightning Storm"...

Last week primary soccer started up again for the fall season. Jaron decided not to play this year, but Jantzen wanted to, so Josh and I agreed to coach his team. After a lot of talking from the kids, we decided on a team name. There was a tie between "Lightning Bolts" and "Stormers", so we decided to combine them and call ourselves "Lightning Storm", the kids loved it! We have some really fun kids on our team this season...

(back row: Me, Ashley, Jansen N., Jason, Madison, Jantzen G., Josh; front row: John, Coda, Elijah, Dallin)

Photobucket

We started with some warm ups before our game started. We let each of the kids take a turn trying to make a goal against Josh. I love the height Jantzen got on his kicks.

Photobucket

While the kids were getting ready to play, Jaedyn started having some fun of her own. She was playing with our spray fan and it was cute because she was trying to lick the blades as it was spinning. Don't worry though, the blades are made out of foam.

Photobucket

Jaedyn ended up biting a chunk out of one of the blades. I guess I should feed her a little more before the games.

Photobucket

The game finally started and all the kids seemed to have fun playing. The fun didn't last very long for Jantzen. He came off the field saying he didn't want to play soccer anymore. After talking to him a little bit, he decided he'd keep playing and he kept up on the ball pretty good after that. (He's #31)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I love this picture of Jantzen, John, Elijah, and Ashley taking a break from playing. The looks on their faces is funny!

Photobucket

Jantzen went back in the game to play some more after a short break. I loved how I caught him and his teammates running in unison...

Photobucket


Photobucket

Jantzen ended up scoring a goal for his team and that made him like soccer a little bit more. I tried to get a picture of him giving his dad a "high five", but he was running too fast and I had Jaedyn trying to climb on me, so this is the best picture I got...

Photobucket

Our team ended up winning the game and the kids were all excited about that. They all did so good. Josh did a quick cheer with them and then they were off to be good sports and tell the other team good job.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I took this picture from our game last night. I thought it was fun how Josh was playing soccer with the team during halftime. I could tell by the kids' faces that they were loving it!

Photobucket

BTW, our team won their game again last night...they are starting the season off good!



No comments: