Tonight we had our annual tri-ward swim party at the rec center. The kids were so excited to go, even though we have a pool in our backyard, because the rec center has a water slide. I picked up their cousins and then we were off.
When we got there the kids immediately went for the water. Jaedyn wouldn't join the big kids under this fountain...it was "too spooky" as she called it. The rest of the kids loved every minute of it...
When we got there the kids immediately went for the water. Jaedyn wouldn't join the big kids under this fountain...it was "too spooky" as she called it. The rest of the kids loved every minute of it...

This is where the kids, minus Jaedyn because she's not old enough and she can't swim, spent most of their time...they love the water slide!
Jaron looks like he's ready to ride his motorcycle here...

Even though Jantzen doesn't look like he's having very much fun here, he really does love the water slide...

Jaedyn was very upset that she couldn't go down the water slide with her brothers and cousins, but she found other ways to have fun. I got her to play in the shallow end of the pool where some of her friends were playing. She got really brave and kept wandering off to the deep end. I don't know if she was just trying to find her brothers or if she thought it would be funny to have me chase her while I was holding my camera. Knowing her, I think it might be a little of both!

The older kids were good about coming to the shallow end every once in a while to play with Jaedyn so she didn't have to be alone. They convinced her to go on the mini water slide that's in the shallow end and by the look on her face I don't think she liked it very much...she didn't go on it again.

Instead, she just hung out with her favorite cousin Sadie and some of her other friends...


Jaedyn did take some time out for a little snack that consisted of raisins and graham crackers...

Popcicles, ice cream sandwiches, and ice cream bars were provided for everyone to enjoy and all the kids took full advantage of that. I think they all had at least three each, except for Jaedyn. She likes to eat part of one, then move on to another one.

I got a few pictures of all the kids together. It was hard to get smiles out of them all at the same time, but I think they turned out cute. There's so much personality in these six kids! I'm starting to think that Jaedyn got her love of sticking out her tongue in pictures from her cousin Tate and not her brothers as I previously thought...



It was a fun night for all of us. The kids had a "blast" as they put it and I got to do a little relaxing. I think that makes it a win win for all of us! This is the part of summer that I love!


No comments:
Post a Comment