Friday, December 6, 2013

Ward Christmas Party 2013!

Tonight we took the kids to our annual ward Christmas party.  Before we went though, the kids had to make some gingerbread houses for the contest they were having.  I decided I would let the kids decorate them all on their own, with very minimal help from me.

To make it a little easier on me, I bought a mini village kit from Target.  It turned out that it wasn't so easy after all.  I had to break apart all the pieces to put together and I broke a few of them.  I guess I don't know my own strength..haha!  Anyway, it was kind of a pain getting them all put together with the frosting and getting them to stay together.  I did finally get them all put together and the kids got ready to decorate...

 photo DSCN8451_zps3fd1f065.jpg
 
 
 photo makinggingerbreadhouses_zps330f5b72.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8457_zpsdfd25ae2.jpg
 
 I think it's safe to say that they had a good time.  They loved the way they turned out.
 
 photo DSCN8458_zps26795854.jpg
 
 Here's a close up.  I bought the kids some sugar gingerbread people/animals and they had a good time adding them to their houses.
 
Mine and Josh's house is on the left and Jaedyn's house is on the right, she has a pet cat...
 
 photo DSCN8460_zpscc7102d4.jpg
 
 Jaron's house is on the left (that's Courtney with him...courtesy of Jaedyn) and he has a pet dog.  Jaedyn wanted the dog, but he got to it first.  Jantzen's house is on the right.  I'm not sure how he ended up with the baby, but he did...
 
 photo DSCN8463_zps28813e6b.jpg
 
 I think my kids did an awesome job decorating their houses.
 
We headed to the church for the party and before we got to go in and eat dinner, we did a little fun photo shoot...
 
 photo harmonyhillsparty2013-20_zpsef353f45.jpg
 
  ...Jaedyn was loving all the stuff she picked out to wear, Jaron was a little bit of a party pooper, and Jantzen was laughing the whole time...silly kids!
 
Dinner was kind of nice because we didn't have to wait in line.  Everything was served to our table.  After dinner there were a bunch of "Minute to Win It" games for the kids to play.  The first one my kids did was the cookie one.  I got a good laugh watching them try to get the cookies in their mouths...
 
 photo DSCN8465_zps974dc4cd.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8467_zps445ff283.jpg
 
  Then, Jantzen and Jaedyn played a tossing game.  They had to see how many ping pong balls they could throw through these Christmas wreaths.  They both did pretty good.
 
 photo DSCN8470_zpsac36c499.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8472_zps4f4ff4e0.jpg
 
  Next up was cup stacking.  Jaedyn played against Rebecca and she won.  She was so happy that she won!
 
 photo jaedyncups_zpsc6df40c9.jpg
 
 Jantzen played against Benjamin and he won too.
 
 photo DSCN8476_zpsdfe2d6b9.jpg
 
 I tried to get a picture of Jantzen with his winning stack, but he started cleaning it up too fast...
 
 photo DSCN8478_zps07d52ac4.jpg
 
  Jaron took off with Ethan, so I didn't get many pictures of the games they were playing.  Jaron and Ethan did join Jaedyn and Jantzen for the Vaseline and cotton ball game.  They put some Vaseline on their foreheads and tried to get the cotton ball to stick to it.  This game gave me the biggest laugh of the night, as you can imagine why...it was hilarious!
 
 photo stuckcottonballgame_zps2bb07eb2.jpg
None of the kids got it to stick, but they came really close.
 
The last game only Jantzen played.  I think the rest of the kids were tired.  It was a game where he had to get all the jingle bells out of a tissue box behind him.  He was shaking his booty a ton trying to get all the bells out!
 
 photo DSCN8484_zps94438eb2.jpg
 
There were a few other guessing games going on, but my kids didn't play any of them.  They wish they had when they saw the treats that were given out for the prizes.
 
It was a fun night for the kids.  I really enjoyed watching them play all these games and seeing the smiles on their faces.

No comments: