Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mommy & Jaron Date Night!

Last night Jaron and I went on our mommy/son date.  He's been really excited for this night and I've been looking forward to spending some quality time with just him.

Our plans for the evening included dinner at Olive Garden.  I think that might be where I always go when I take my boys out, they love that place and Josh doesn't.  Dinner was really good, as you can tell by the look on Jaron's face...

 photo 20140103_175852_zps5172a745.jpg
 
 After we stuffed ourselves with yummy pasta, salad, and bread sticks, we headed over to "King Putt" to do some miniature golfing.  We've never actually taken our kids to do this, so Jaron was really excited to try it out.  It was really fun there because it was all lit up with black lights, so things glowed in different colors.
 
 photo jaronminigolf_zps50d580e1.jpg
 
  Even my nails looked pretty cool...
 
 photo 20140103_190113_zpsceaa286e.jpg
 
 We had a fun time playing around with the animals while we were golfing...
 
 photo 20140103_185919_zps6397fb48.jpg
 
 
 photo 20140103_190854_zps2722f653.jpg
 
 
 photo 20140103_191936_zps1f0c872e.jpg
 
 
 photo 20140103_192438_zps0a5313e9.jpg
 
  We played two games of mini golf and in the first game we did a lot of do-overs.  Jaron ended up winning the first game, but I won a free game at the end.  For the second game we agreed that we weren't going to allow any do-overs, but I still let Jaron have a few.  I ended up winning the second game, but this time Jaron was the one to win a free game at the end.  He said that means that we have to come back and face off again.

Here we are with our free game passes...
 
 photo 20140103_201319_zps2b75684e.jpg
 
  ...and here's Jaron with our score card...
 
 photo 20140103_201742_zps6c0d390a.jpg
 
  When we left Jaron said, "That was so much fun!  I can't wait to go back!".

Before we headed home for the night we went to "U-Swirl" for some yummy frozen yogurt.  This was the main thing that Jaron wanted to do on our date.  He chose his flavor of frozen yogurt and then loaded on his toppings...Chocolate with chocolate chips!  He's so predictable!
 
 photo 20140103_204136_zps8b1015a5.jpg
 
 We had some fun conversations while we ate our yogurt and Jaron even saw a girl he knew from 5th grade there.  However, he was too chicken to go over and say "hi" to her, maybe because I was there with him.  They did say "hi" to each other when we were leaving though...silly pre-teens!
 
 photo 20140103_204527_zps22c46950.jpg
 
At the end of our date Jaron told me, "Thanks for such a fun night!".  I'm happy that he had a good time because I did too.

No comments: