This is the routine we had every morning to get his hair done (I will actually miss it). When he would wake up in the morning his hair was always messy, like he had stuck his finger in an electrical socket. First thing I would do is get it all wet and brush it to the side.
Then I would blow dry it, still keeping it to the side. Then, much to Jaron's dismay, I would use a flat iron on it to get rid of some of the waves in the front. Luckily I didn't burn him with it very much, only a couple times or so, and it never was very bad (it was usually when he moved).
After that I would use some hair wax on him to style it exactly where I wanted it to stay and then use a little hairspray to give it a little bit more of a hold. Of course he's a boy, so he would always find a way to have it messy by the end of the school day. All of this actually only would take about ten minutes every morning so it wasn't a bad thing. I didn't mind doing it at all.
This is what the finished product would usually look like in the morning, and this was what Jaron looked like yesterday when I sent him off to school. I knew what was coming after school. I still tried to convince him that he should keep his hair long all the way up to him leaving for school, but still no success. I hoped, in my head, that he would chicken out because I know he likes his hair long. I think it's because the girls tell him they think it's cute on him, but he won't say that's the reason. He just kept telling me all morning that he just wants it short for summer to make it cooler for him and will grow it back when school starts again.
After school I went over to Denise's house for the "big" cut. I was hoping my hormones wouldn't kick in and make me teary eyed. She started shaving one side of his head..it was too late to back out now. Jaron seemed happy during the whole thing. All I kept thinking about was "how long will it take for his hair to grow back". I know that's really sad, but I really loved his hair long.
After it was all done Denise noticed that the back of Jaron's neck was a little whiter than the rest of it. His hair has been long for so long that he wasn't getting any sun back there. He will fix that this summer while he plays in the pool.
This was all the hair that was cut off of my little "Zac". In actual size, his pile of cut off hair was about one foot long by almost another foot wide and a couple inches high. It seriously would take two years worth of hair cuts on me to equal that amount of hair. Jaron can thank his dad for that. Josh is the one with the thick hair.
This is what Jaron looked like after his dramatic cut. Still so cute, but looks so different. Josh almost didn't recognize him. I asked Jaron if he likes it and he said, in kind of a hesitant voice, "yes". I think he likes it, it will just take some time to get used to it for all of us. I sound really sad, like someone died, but no one has thank goodness.
So, this was Jaron this morning before he left for school. He was a little nervous, but excited, to see what his friends would say at school.
This is what Jaron looked like when I picked him up from school. Apparently, he had a run in with some rocks and the ground in PE. He scraped up his face, arm, and knee pretty good. I asked him if his balance was all messed up because his hair was all cut off. He didn't think I was funny, I was just trying to make light of the situation...what was funny is that when we got home and he showed Josh, he asked him the same thing. Great minds think alike, I guess.
Jaron said that a few friends didn't recognize him at first, but they all, including some of the teachers, said they really liked his new hair cut. I look forward to having a break from doing hair...that is until it's back! You are still a cutie our little Jar-Bear!!


8 comments:
He does totally look different! But in an equally cute way!
NOOOO! I loved his hair. But I know how the whole hair routine goes. I spend a good 15-20 minutes on K's afro like 3 times a day (after naps etc). If she wasn't a girl I would cut it off so fast.
He looks like his little brother now. Too cute!
Don't worry, I will make sure he grows it out again. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!! This is only temporary...it's just a summer thing!
He definitely looks different. I kinda want short hair for the summer so...can you blame hime?
Caden and Jace would have killed for that head of hair!
Wow, that was a dramatic haircut!! Looks so cute though!! He has quite the head of hair! At least it will grow back quickly... if he wants it to.
Brayden has that same red Tony Hawk shirt too, he thinks he's cool when he wears it!
Now that is the Jaron I remember! I think the long hair came after we had already moved. I had to laugh that Jaron let you straight iron his hair. Anything to look good for the ladies right?
I LOVE his hair short.....but of course I'm partial to short hair. I LOVE not having to do hair. One less thing to do in the morning. Love it!
Post a Comment