Jaron got geared up quickley so he could get lots of riding in before we had to leave (we had fireworks to go to that night). I think he wanted to show everyone how good he's getting, especially Austyn. He rode a ton the whole time we were there, more than he usually does and he's doing awesome! Doesn't he look so cute? He's growing up way too fast!
Josh started to gear up so he could ride with his friends. He was super excited for this weekend because he doesn't get to ride with his BFF's very much. When we lived in Utah they rode all the time. I had to take this picture of him getting geared up because he was wearing flip flops with his socks and he thinks it's the ugliest thing when people do that...I just had to make fun of him!
After Josh was dressed we got Jantzen ready to go for a ride with him. Jaron let him borrow his helmet since he doesn't have his own yet...his will be coming soon. Josh took Jantzen for a ride because that's pretty much all he wants to do when we take the bikes out. I think he's more excited to ride than Jaron is sometimes. He does, of course, get Jaron's hand-me-down boots because they are expensive and they are still in good shape. I think he looks really cute in them. He didn't want to take them off for most of the day. It was funny watching him try to run in them.
I got a picture of a "Josh sandwich" with his BFF's Spencer and Ryan before they took off to ride. They went for several rides in which they were gone for a long time. I know they were having fun though. It's good to see Josh having a good time with friends. He works so much that he needs a break every once in a while. It would be nice if we could do this more.
Here is a picture (courtesy of Jann) of them all riding wheelies. Josh is in the middle. I was video taping so I didn't any good pictures of them doing this.
While the guys were gone Jann and I hung out and chatted while the kids played. They made supercross tracks in the sand and created jumps to go off on with their dirt bikes. I only got one picture with all the kids together, except Zeben took of right before I snapped it, and before I took it Austyn grabbed Jaron's hand to hold for the picture. He was so embarrassed! I told him he needs to get used to girls liking him...if he wasn't so cute and nice he wouldn't have this problem. We also took the kids for a walk and they ended up playing in the sand, literally. Jaron and Jantzen were burying themselves and then Austyn came and squeezed in between them so she could bury herself next to Jaron. It was so sweet, but I don't think Jantzen thought so. He just looked at her like, "what do you think you are doing?" He usually gets to be by his brother so he's doesn't know what to do when a girl comes along.
When Josh got back from his last ride he took the boys for one more before we had to leave. Jantzen loves to ride on Josh's bike and Jaron did pretty good following him. It's nice to have something that the boys can do together that they enjoy so much.
I got some cute pictures of Jaron and Austyn on their bikes before we left. Then they wanted to get a picture of them standing together. They were so cute to watch on their bikes.
We had a great day out at the Knolls. It's always nice to get away from reality and enjoy ourselves with good friends. I'm glad that my health was good enough that we could go. I know Josh would have been really sad if we didn't get to. It was nice for him to get to spend time with his friends and enjoy a good ride.
After we were done at the Knolls we headed up to Brigham City to watch the fireworks. We were hoping to get in a shower before we got there, but we were running late so we ended up not getting one. We were all dirty from riding so the picture of us at the fireworks was a grungy one.
Here is the "Goddard Boys", Josh with his two brothers and the only Goddard boy grandkids. I think Jantzen was the only one that was happy to have his picture taken.
We had barely made it to the fireworks...they started a few minutes after we got there. The boys were loving them. Jantzen thought they were really cool and when I asked him what his favorite ones were he said, "the green ones", that didn't surprise me at all.
The next day we went to Caleb's baby blessing, we barely made it there too. We had such a busy weekend and we didn't get much sleep in. It felt like we were constantly on the go, but we had so much fun. It was great to get to see family and friends that we miss because of living so far away. Now, if we could just get caught up on all the sleep we missed...I don't think it's going to happen, but it was worth it. Thanks to everyone for the fun weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment