Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just "Hanging" Out to Get an Award...

On Tuesday Jaron had his monthly pack meeting for Cub Scouts. He finally received his Bobcat award that he was supposed to have gotten last month, but didn't. The leaders forgot to get it which made Jaron really sad. He was happy to get it this month.

As tradition goes in Cub Scouts, when the boys earn this award they are supposed to put the pin that goes with the patch on their mom while hanging upside down. Luckily Josh came so he could do the honors. Jaron was laughing the whole time and it made it hard for him to put the pin on me. He did drop it once, but I caught it with my arm, while I was holding Jaedyn.

After the awards, the boys enjoyed a relay race while the rest of us (and I mean Jantzen) enjoyed some Halloween cookies. Jaedyn was dressed for the occasion in her Halloween shirt and hair bow. She had on her Halloween bracelet, but her shirt was covering it.



Good job Jaron on earning your first award in Cub Scouts!

1 comment:

Unguren said...

I have never heard of that before. I suppose it is because I am neither a scout nor have any children that are scouts.