Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

Christmas Eve this year was a busy, but fun day/night. I spent the whole day baking and cooking by myself, Josh had to work until 7pm that night. I thought I might have a heart attack being that domestic, but I survived. I made homemade rolls, sugar cookies, and chocolate dipped pretzels, then I cooked a turkey, a ham, and mashed potatoes. Josh usually does the potatoes, but I did make him clean the turkey and bag it before he left for work...I hate touching raw meat! I'm surprised I didn't burn something or totally mess things up. Dinner turned out good, but I think I need more practice on the rolls before I get them just right.

After dinner we let the boys frost sugar cookies for Santa. They did an awesome job and had a lot of fun doing it. We got some frosting tubes that they could use to draw on the cookies that they thought was cool. We told them to only frost three cookies for Santa, one from each of them, but they were having so much fun with it so they did more than that. I tried to tell them that Santa is trying to lose some weight, but they didn't care. Jantzen has too much fun with the sprinkles. After three layers of three different kinds I had to tell him that was enough. I think Santa got that cookie.






After decorating cookies, we watched a Christmas movie and then opened a present. Jaron has caught on this year that it will always be pj's. Jaron got some new Star Wars Clone Wars pj's, Jantzen got green Buzz Lightyear, and Jaedyn got a cute girly pair with flowers. She was very intrigued by what was going on. I think she liked them, they are very soft. The boys were excited about theirs too.



I always have to get a picture of the kids in their pj's in front of the Christmas tree...they look so cute this year. I just love the faces that Jantzen gives, trying to be serious. And, of course, Jaron has to get his own cuddle time/picture time with Jaedyn. He's already wrapped around her little finger.



Before we put the kids to bed we read a Christmas story and reminded the kids about the true meaning of Christmas. Then they put out the cookies and Diet Coke for Santa and went to bed. It was a fun night with our little family, and I know Santa really liked the cookies.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Your traditions are similar to ours! Glad you guys had such an awesome Christmas Eve!

The Ashby Family said...

It's kinda fun being domestic every once in awhile isn't it. Sorry about New Years Eve, Valden and Claudia just asked if we were getting together too. They may come up camping on Friday also.

Jossie said...

I love that you put out Diet Coke for Santa! Great idea! Naiya got a glow worm too :-) They take me back :-)