Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day

Yesterday, the kids and I had a fun St. Patty's Day together full of everything green. Before we did anything, I took some super cute pictures of them before they got all dirty from playing and eating. Jaron and Jantzen had to wear matching green shirts and Jaedyn just looked so cute and girly in her outfit. Jaron was so excited that she was wearing short sleeves again, he picked out a bracelet for her to wear.


I can never get away with taking pictures of the kids and not having the boys smother Jaedyn with kisses. Sometimes I can tell it bugs her, but other times I think she likes it. They are just sooooo cute!!



I made Jaron and Jantzen their annual green St. Patty's Day breakfast. This year they got green pancakes, green eggs, green blueberry muffins, and green milk (I forgot to do that last year, but I remembered this time). They even got to use their green plates and cups. Jaron is on track break so I was able to do a little more without having to worry about rushing out the door to get to school on time.


They both enjoyed breakfast a lot. Jantzen was concentrating on eating his muffin so much that it looked like he was mad about something, but he wasn't. All he wanted all day was more green muffins.



You can't really tell in this picture, but Jantzen had a green milk mustache so I had to get a picture. He was so proud of it. You can, however, see the caked on muffin crumbs on his face.


Later on the boys went outside to play (the weather is perfect here right now) and it was warm enough that they had to have some otter pops. Of course they had to choose the green ones.


Before dinner I made them some green chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Jantzen loves to help when I make cookies. I think it's because I let him lick the cookie dough off the beaters, a kid after my own heart. At first I let him lick the beaters before I added the green food coloring, so I had to wash them , add the color, and then let him lick them again...he didn't have any problems with that, as you can tell. He enjoyed every minute of it.


The kids had a lot of fun having everything green for St. Patty's Day and I love making fun traditions and memories for them to enjoy. Jantzen said he wishes we could have everything green all the time, I don't think I could handle that much food coloring in everything, but it's fun to do once a year. HAPPY ST. PATTY's DAY!

3 comments:

Lara said...

St Patrick's Day always seems to get away from me. I wanted to do something fun, but with Dallin's surgery things were slow around here!

You are such an awesome Mom, how fun for your kids to enjoy all those yummy green things!

P.S. I LOVE the picture of your kids all smiling, you have some cute kids!

Leisa said...

You are such a good mom. Definitely making some fun memories for them.
I can't wait until my little ones are old enough to care.
That little outfit of Jaedyn' is so cute. Love the pictures!

Jenn said...

You are so creative, what a fun day!