Monday, March 1, 2010

Tule Springs

A couple weekends ago we went to Tule Springs with the Foisy's to let the kids run around and enjoy the animals. The first thing the boys wanted to do was feed the ducks. I brought leftover hamburger and hot dog buns for them to give. I told them to break small pieces off, but I think they gave them half a bun each time. The geese seemed to really like Jantzen, they kept surrounding him. Last time I brought him here a couple years ago he freaked out, but this time he thought it was funny.





After we fed the ducks and geese we walked around the pond while the kids explored. Then we went to see the horses, sheep, goats, pigs, and chickens. One of the chickens had feathers, or something like that, on its legs that looked like they were wearing boots. It was kind of funny to see.



There were also peacocks there and the kids had to get a closer look. Jaron was trying to chase them, big bully, while Jantzen and Avery stayed back a ways. Jantzen did finally get a little brave and headed towards them, but of course they just ran away. We did get to see a few of them spread out their feathers. There was a white one that was spreading out its feathers, but I didn't get a picture fast enough. Even though my boys have seen peacocks at Sea World, they were cool to them...Jantzen was only 1 1/2 when we went there, so he doesn't really remember them.




Little miss Jaedy bug slept pretty much the whole time we were there. She woke up just before we left so she could have her picture taken with her daddy. One day when she's older we'll bring her back here to see all the animals.


After we left, we headed over to U Swirl for some yummy frozen yogurt. When we told the boys that's what it was, they were not too thrilled, but then they tried it and LOVED it! Jaron wants to go back soon. Then we all decided to go to Cafe Rio for dinner. Yep, we are cool parents to let our kids have dessert first and then dinner. Lucky us, they ate all of their dinner. It was a fun day...I love getting to spend time with my family like this.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Sounds like tons of fun!

The Foisy's said...

Ha, I forgot we took pictures, hence the reason they are not on my blog right now! Lol. I need to post those. You got some good ones! Tonight will be updating the blog night!

Melissa said...

That sounds like a fun place. I've never heard of it. I bet my boys would love to go there too. And I have been wanting to go to U Swirl and try it, but Patrick hates frozen yogurt. Maybe we'll have to hit it one of these times on our GNO's.

Lindsey said...

I have never heard of that place either-where have I been? Looks like a fun place to go.

Leisa said...

Can you and Josh be my parents? I never get dessert before dinner. :)
Love your boys matching shits....cute!