Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thomas the "Fort"

I remember when I was younger making forts in the family room with blankets and the couches, I never had one this fancy. Jaron got this Thomas tent when he was younger, but it has been a fun toy for both boys for a long time. The other day Jaron and Jantzen made forts out of it in the toy room. They turned them on their sides and made themselves a bed inside. Jaron got Thomas and Jantzen got Annie and Clarabel. It was a weekend, so we let them have a fort slumber party. They stayed up late, watching a movie until they got tired.


Jantzen was the first one to fall asleep, he usually is, but Jaron stayed up a lot longer. Most of the time that kid stays up later than all of us. I guess Josh and I are getting too old, we fall asleep early.



Jaron and Jantzen look so cute and peaceful sleeping in their forts. It will be a sad day when they are too big to fit inside these tents and play like this. They are very creative with all the toys that they have. It's fun to watch them and see what they come up with.

3 comments:

Unguren said...

We always made forts out of couch cushions and blankets. I have to say some of them were awesome. Cleaning them up....not so much.

Leisa said...

Very creative! I miss those days of forts too.

The Foisy's said...

That's awesome! They are lovin' it! They are so cute!