Jantzen had fallen asleep on the way there and didn't want to wake up, but eventually did. We didn't want him to miss out on all the fun.
While we were getting a fire pit set up Jaron enjoyed some fun in the sand. He was finding little clams/oysters (I'm not sure which one they were) and then made a hole to bury them in, but ended up burying his feet instead. He then played a game of Frisbee with Zeben and Spencer.
Josh and I decided we wanted to go see the water so we took all the kids with us. We told all the kids to not get wet because none of them were wearing their swim suits, but as the pictures show, you can tell how well they listened.
Here's Austyn, Zeben, and Jaron venturing out into the water, just to put their feet in as they stated. Jantzen didn't want to get in the water, I think he was still trying to wake up.
Here's Jaron's version of "nanny, nanny, I'm getting wet and what are you going to do about it" look. He's lucky he's a cute kid.
To get Jantzen to go in the water, Josh had to get in with him to show him it wasn't scary. He freaked out at first because he didn't want to take off his flip flops, but then soon realized that he was going to lose them in the wet sand if he didn't, so he finally took them off...
...and started to venture out on his own.
Here Jantzen's giving his "I don't know what to think about this" look.
I had to get a couple cute shots of Jaedyn in her new hat by the water. It was way to cold to put her in, so we spared her the misery and just let her watch the kids play.
I think Jaron and Austyn had the most fun. They played a lot in the wet sand and kept getting more and more of their clothes wet, so I gave up on telling them not to get wet.
Jantzen mostly did this...stood barely in the water, letting the waves from the passing by boats hit his legs and eventually his shorts.
The kids, minus Jantzen, continued to play in the water and with every minute became braver and braver until they ended up chest high in water. Jantzen eventually went out to about waist high in the water, but on his way back out of the water he fell and got completely wet.
here's my two little monkeys freezing because they're soaking wet in their street clothes and the sun was starting to go down. This is when we decided play time in the water was done.
The boys had told me after they swam in the pool earlier that day that they didn't want to swim anymore. So, because of that I didn't bring their swim suits or a change of clothes for them after they got all wet. I guess I should've known better and just brought dry clothes for them anyway, next time I will.
They stripped down to their wet shorts and undies and used towels and jackets to warm themselves up by the fire. Jantzen was a tough kid and didn't need to wear a jacket for very long, but Jaron wore his all night.
We all then enjoyed hot dogs and corn on the cob (cooked in the fire, it was yummy) and for dessert we had smores. It was all so good!
Jaedyn just chilled out by the fire, admiring it. I think she was fascinated by it, except the smoke kept following her, so we played musical strollers with her and moved her around a lot. I guess what they say is true...smoke follows beauty.
We got in some good chats and then decided to head back to camp for the night, stinking like a camp fire. We all had such a fun time at Lake Powell for our very first time going there. The boys can't wait to go back...


1 comment:
Wow! That looked so fun! I LOVE Lake Powell. What a fun trip. The kids looked like they had fun. It was only a matter of time before the kids got all wet. All well...it looked liked fun was had by all
Post a Comment