Friday, May 13, 2011

Jantzen's Spring Singing Program

Today Jantzen had his spring singing program at school. This is the first time he's done this and he was very excited about it. He's been singing me some of the songs for the last few weeks to practice. His class sang "Take the First Step", "Candle on the Water", and "It's a Small World". He has been telling me for the last few weeks that "It's a Small World" is his favorite song that they're singing.

When it came time for him to perform, I think he got really nervous because he was kind of singing the words, but he hardly did any of the actions that went with the songs. I recorded him singing and it's kind of funny to see all the other kids doing actions and Jantz is just barely mouthing the words. I know he knows the words because he's been singing them to me, but he got some major stage fright. I don't blame him, I get the same way sometimes.

(Unfortunately Blogger won't let me upload my videos, so you don't get to actually see Jantz singing)




After Jantzen's class was done singing they had about 45 minutes left of school and so the principle said they could all go home if we wanted to take them, so I went to pick him up. On the way to the car Jantzen told me that he didn't want to do the actions to the songs because he didn't like singing them...he's so funny sometimes.

P.S...I think it's funny how Jantzen is on the top row and Jaron has always been, and still is, always on the front row.

No comments: