Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Night with Some "Rockstars"...

Anyone who knows our family knows that we like dirt bikes, so tonight we took the kids to meet some of the Supercross racers that are racing in the finals this weekend. We met up with some friends and waited in line for about a half hour before we got to meet the riders. While we waited in line we were given a bunch of free stuff. We got hats, Frisbees, hackey sacks, and stickers. There was also a "tool testing" area where, if you tried one of the tools, you got some free tacos. Josh did it a few times and considered that his dinner. After seeing Josh with his tacos, Jaron decided he wanted to try it too and get some free food.

Finally the time arrived to get some autographs. There were three riders there, two were from a Yamaha racing team, and the other was from the "Rockstar Makita Suzuki" racing team...he was the one we came to see.

Here's my boys with Davi Millsaps (one of the Yamaha riders)...


Here's my boys with Ryan Dungey (the Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider), he was the Supercross champion from last year...


Since one of Ryan's sponsors is Rockstar, they had free drinks for everyone there...as much as you wanted. My boys took full advantage of that! I lost count of how many Josh drank, Jaron had two, and Jantzen had one (mostly, he spilled some of it...thank goodness!). The son of my friend we were there with asked my friend if Jantzen should be having one at all and I just laughed because I was thinking the same thing. Jantz has enough energy without any artificial help, but Josh thought it would be okay to let him try it. Of course, my boys loved it! I told them not to expect to get another one after we left and they were a little bummed out about that.


Not only did the boys get an autographed poster of Ryan Dungey, he autographed their hats they got for free too...


All the kids loved the hats we got and they wore them all night. Even Jaedyn was loving them, she looked so cute!



Here's Jaron, Jantzen, and Hailey just hanging out while us adults tried to win Supercross tickets. Jaron looks like a total punk here, don't you think? He totally fits in with the Supercross scene...


And, I can't forget to get a picture of me and Josh in our "Rockstar" hats. I asked Josh why he didn't smile in this picture and he said it's not the type of picture you're supposed to smile in...I guess I missed that memo.


We didn't win any tickets to the Supercross finals, but that's okay, I've been to a few races with Josh and so has Jaron. Besides, Josh already has a ticket to the finals courtesy of a friend in our ward. He's so excited to go!

It was such a fun night for all of us. We got to meet some awesome riders, get some cool free stuff, and the kids enjoyed running around. We've gone to meet several Supercross racers before and had a great time, and it was nice to be able to meet different riders that we haven't met yet. I can't wait to see who we get to meet next year!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Great pics! Looks like fun! Was the boys wired after drinking the Rockstars"?

Katie said...

Sorry, I really am educated-I meant to ask, "Were" the boys wired?