Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Jantzen!!

The long awaited day has finally arrived...Today was Jantzen's 6th birthday. I can't believe how fast time is going by and how he's getting so big so fast! Soon he's going to be taller than Jaron. We started out the day with green pancakes for breakfast at Jantzen's request. He was funny because he insisted on having his pancakes on a yellow plate (his birthday colors this year are green, yellow, and brown).


After breakfast we had to go to the store for a couple more things for Jantzen's party and while we were there I decided to let the boys have an Icee. They were both good about sharing with Jaedyn.



I didn't get a picture of the kids eating lunch, but Jantzen insisted on having a banana for lunch because "that's what monkeys eat"...he told me that. I asked if he wanted anything else and he said "no". I told him that I would make Jaron and Jaedyn some macaroni for their lunch and then he decided that he'd eat some of that too.

Jantzen chose a monkey theme for his birthday this year, so I decorated the house in green, yellow, and brown streamers and balloons. I even made vines that hung from the kitchen ceiling with a personalized "Happy Birthday Jantzen" sign (it had the same monkey on it that I used for his birthday party invitations). He chose green wrapping paper for his presents and I found a really cute huge monkey for him...


I couldn't find a monkey cake anywhere so I decided to make his birthday cake myself. I bought this cute monkey cake pan and I really tried to find someone to frost the cake for me because decorating cakes is just not my thing, but I had no luck and ended up doing it myself. Nena helped me make some yummy frosting and then I spent 3 hours decorating (my back still hurts from leaning over). I was actually really proud of myself for how it turned out. It looked a lot better than I thought it would and it tasted really yummy!


For dinner Jantzen requested Little Ceasars pizza, mostly for the Crazy Bread (he LOVES that stuff!).


After we were all done eating dinner we decided to let Jantzen open his presents. He'd been asking all day to open them and I kept telling him that he needed to wait until after dinner...it was killing him! His time had finally come and he was super excited!


The first present Jantzen opened was a pack of copy paper. I know it seems like a weird gift for a 6 year old, but if you know Jantzen, you know that he LOVES to draw and he's always taking the paper from our printer, so I decided to get him his own pack of paper. He was so excited for this paper, he was almost yelling about how excited he was to get it...it was so funny!

(Sorry for the blurry picture...he wouldn't hold very still, he was that excited)


It didn't take him very long to open all of his presents. He got a lot of fun stuff that he was so happy to get. He got a pack of copy paper, a pack of construction paper, a green notebook, 2 green folders, a stapler, scissors, a pencil sharpener, glue sticks, a case to put all of his drawing stuff in, 4 puffles, a green "Club Penguin", a new Mario movie, a new "Bulk", 3 books, a green squirt gun, a "Club Penguin" DS game, some "Cars" and torpedo pool toys (from Nena and family), Mario and Luigi stuffed toys, and a large monkey stuffed animal...he was super happy with everything he got. He yelled out, "This is the BEST birthday ever!!


After presents it was time for birthday cake. Jantzen loved how his cake turned out!


We all sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He was so funny when we were doing this because he gets so embarrassed that he won't look at anyone, he always looks away...


Then he blew out his candles...


...and he enjoyed some cake (he chose the monkey's feet) and chocolate ice cream. He wasn't able to eat all of his cake, so we saved it for him for later.


I think he didn't want to finish because he was wanting to go play with his presents, I don't blame him.

Jantzen was really appreciative for everything we did for him and for what he got for his birthday. Josh and I asked him if he had a good day and he responded with, "It was awesome! This was the best birthday ever!"

We're so happy to have our little Jantzilla as a part of our family. He brings so much laughter and smiles to all of our faces, I can't imagine not having him as part of our family. WE LOVE YOU JANTZEN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Kati, his cake looked amazing! Props to you for icing the whole thing! I did that one year for Dallin and decide never to do it again.

I love all the monkey decos too! Happy 6th Birthday Jantzen!

Lindsey said...

Amazing job on that cake, I would not have had that much patience. Happy Birthday to him!!

Unguren said...

Happy Birthday to Jantzen!

That cake looks so good. Good job. I won't believe you now when you say you don't do that stuff. :)