After dinner the kids played around for a while. There were a few activities for the kids to do, like playing with home made pinwheels. Jaedyn and Jantzen thought they were really cool...


Jaedyn actually wasn't feeling that great while we were there, so she just wanted to snuggle with me and Josh...we don't mind the snuggling at all. I did feel really bad for her though.
Jantzen had to come and get in on the snuggling, but after a minute of it Jaedyn didn't want him to be a part of it. It turned into a pushing/giggling match with the two of them.
One of the other activities the boys were able to do was hammering a nail into logs. Jaron was such a good big brother and he helped Jantzen figure it out. Jantzen spent a good 45 minutes trying to get his nail in straight.

(Chandler and Jantzen trying to hammer their nails in)
After being there for a few hours we went home and went to bed.
On Saturday we headed back over to the park for the Pioneer Days carnival. The boys get so excited for this every year. The first thing they did when we got there was box each other. It's so funny watching them do this because the gloves are so big and poor Jantzen has a hard time holding them up long enough to get a hit in. Jaron kept knocking him down...I think Jantzen only got a couple hits, but he was laughing the whole time, so that was a good sign.

Next up was this big blow up slide. The boys had to climb up it with a rope and then slide down. Jaron was a lot faster getting to the top than Jantzen was. He tried waiting for Jantz, but he was hanging by the rope and couldn't hold on that long, so he dropped...

I loved Jantzen's facial expression as he was coming down...so priceless!
After doing the "dry" stuff for a few minutes, the boys decided to head to the water slides. I don't blame them, it was hot and humid outside. I wish I had brought my swim suit so I could've gone in the water with them.
This is my attempt at getting a picture of the boys going down at the same time...one of these years it might happen.
We tried to get Jaedyn to do some games this year. We took her to the "fishing pond", but she didn't really want anything to do with it...except for the toys and candy, she really liked those.

She had to show me her blue fish she got...
Then, Jantzen had to try it out...he loved the Tootsie Rolls.
Then the boys were off for more water slide fun. This slide was called "Jaws" and it was pretty big with a bump half way down that would make the kids fly up in the air a little bit. My boys loved it and did it several times. I really tried to get a picture of them going down because they were being so cute, but the sun was in the way. They were hugging each other and laughing while sliding down. I love it when they get along this good.

I think their faces here show how much fun they were having...
There was one more water slide the boys went on, it was like a big blow up slip 'n slide. Of course they loved this one too!
We made the boys take a break to have something for dinner. All of us, except Josh, chose to have nachos...he had tacos. Then we all, except Jaron, had some Navajo fry bread with honey. Jaedyn was really enjoying having her own nachos this year, but they were really messy!

After the boys ate, they laid down to let their food settle before they did some more playing. While they were laying down they looked at the clouds to find animal shapes. I'm not sure what animals they were seeing, but they were seeing a bunch of them.
Jaedyn found her own entertainment by the chairs. Josh linked together the ties from the chairs and she decided to play limbo, but the crawling version. It was so cute watching her go back and forth underneath the ties...

...when she'd get up from going under, she'd clap her hands and yell, "I did it!".
Of course, we couldn't have a Pioneer day without some snow cones...
Jaron was brave this year and did the dunk tank. I didn't think he'd want to be dunked, so I was surprised when he got up there to actually go through with it. Unfortunately for him, his friend Justin hit the target on the first throw and Jaron went down. Jaron loved it though and if the line wasn't so long, I think he would have done it again.
I think Jantzen was worn out from all the playing he did, he just wanted to lay down and relax (don't you love the swim suit/t-shirt combo?).
He didn't get to relax for very long before Jaedyn came over and started wrestling with him. She loves to wrestle with Jantzen and he was good about letting her "beat" him up. They both laughed the whole time...

Around 9:30pm it was time for fireworks. The Pioneer Day fireworks are some of the best we've ever seen and this year didn't disappoint. Jaedyn was fascinated by them again. I love it that she's not scared of them like some kids her age are.
Jaron relaxed on the blanket watching the fireworks...
...while the rest of us sat in the chairs...
Like I said, the fireworks were really good, and loud, again this year. I was actually able to get some good pictures of them this year since I have a nicer camera (thanks again Josh)...

At one point they did get a little too loud for Jantzen...
I couldn't leave without a picture of me and my boys, Jantzen wasn't too thrilled about it as you can see.
We all had another fun, but hot, Pioneer Days celebration. I really love it that our stake celebrates our pioneer heritage here, it makes me not miss home so much. I look forward to many more fun celebrations with the people I love the most...my family!


1 comment:
Ha, I love how many pics you take! Looks like you had fun, more fun than us on that Friday night. Lol. Cute little thoughts on paper too!
Post a Comment