Monday, August 29, 2011

The 2011-2012 School Year Has Begun...

Today was the boys' first day of school. Jaron is now a big 5th grader and has Mr. Games for his teacher and Jantzen has moved on up to 1st grade and has Ms. Straw-Guse. Jaron has been a little nervous about his teacher this year because he's kind of hard, but I told Jaron he'd do fine. Jantzen has been excited all summer to start 1st grade because he wants to eat lunch at school like his "big" brother does. Last night they picked out their "1st day of school outfit", they were so excited to wear their new shoes.

They both got up really good this morning (I know that won't last long), got dressed in their new clothes, had scrambled eggs for breakfast, brushed their teeth, and were ready to head off to school. It was a little weird having to make two lunches, but I'll get used to it as the year goes on.

Before we left for our walk to school I had to get our traditional "1st day of school pictures". Jaedyn didn't want to be left out, so she put on her back pack she got for her birthday and joined the boys for the picture, she looked so excited...


I had to get a picture of the back packs too. Jantzen was so excited to have a new back pack with a matching lunch box this year.


The kids had one big hug before we left for school. It makes me smile when I see my kids like this...


Then we were off! The boys like to ride their scooters to school and Jaedyn and I follow behind with the stroller.



We met up with our "group" we walk with everyday and I grabbed a quick picture of all the school kids before we continued our walk to school. Don't they all look so happy to be going back to school?...


Jaron made a comment to me as we were walking that made me laugh. He said to me, "I really hate admitting this, but I really want to be at school right now because it's so hot!". It was very hot, I hope it cools off soon!

We made it to the school and I got another quick picture of me with the boys before they left with their teachers. They were both excited and nervous for their first day with new teachers and I have to admit, I was a little nervous for them. It's sometimes hard seeing your kids grow up and move on to new things.


Their teachers came to get them and then they were gone...:( I caught up with my fellow "stroller moms" and we headed home. These ladies are so much fun to walk with every morning, we have lots of fun chats along the way to and from school.

(From left: Natalie, Jessica, Me, Lara, Amanda, Julie, and Taryn with our non-school age kids)


When Jaedyn and I got home, we quickly left again to run some errands. The nice thing about my boys being in school all day this year is that I can run my errands and I don't have to rush home to pick up kindergarten carpool.

I love how Jaedyn loves wearing her sunglasses anytime we're in the car. She likes to ride in style I guess.


I went to pick the boys up after school and I was excited to hear all about their first day. Jantzen told me he had a fun day and said he really likes being in first grade. I was a little worried about him at lunch time because he's kind of a messy eater, but he assured me this morning that he'd be fine and he was. He told me he went to the bathroom after lunch to make sure he didn't have food all over his face before he went to recess. He also told me about all his friends that he has in his class and he was really excited about that. Jantzen also said that he has recess at the same time as Jaron, and that made him really happy. Jaron's response to my question "How was your first day?" was, "It was FANTASTIC!" He was very enthusiastic about it. I'm so happy that he gave me that response because he does have a tough teacher this year. He's already started getting to work and doing lots of it. I guess that's a good thing though because he will be going to middle school next year and he needs to prepare for that now. I think they will both do good this year as long as they listen...lets hope they do.

(Just a little side note...when I went to pick the boys up after school, my car said it was 119 degrees outside, not to mention the high humidity. I was dripping sweat, it was so hot!)

For dinner we had our traditional "Back to School Pizza" that we have every year on the first day of school. We tried a new place this year, "Hungry Howie's" and it was yummy! The kids all loved it.


It was a good first day of school for Jaron and Jantzen. Jaedyn kind of had a hard time understanding where her "Jantzen" was for lunch, and so did I. It was a little too quiet, but we'll get used to it and start to enjoy it as the year goes on. I'm so proud of my boys for all they've accomplished in school over the past years and I looked forward to seeing everything they accomplish this year. Good Luck Jaron and Jantzen...we all love you boys!

No comments: