Friday, August 12, 2011

A Decade Old!

Today was Jaron's 10th birthday, I can't believe he's that old already! Unfortunately that means that I'm officially a decade older too...:( Anyway, Jaron had a busy, but fun day today celebrating. Last night he had his best friend Jace sleep over and then they got to hang out all day together too.

Here were the decorations I put up in the house for Jaron's birthday, he chose a "Star Wars" theme this year...


The kids love it when I decorate the house just for them, especially when I have something matching their birthday theme hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen. For Jaron I made stars that hung from silver star garland and a "Star Wars" happy birthday sign that matched his birthday party invitations...he loved it!

Here's a close up of the hanging sign...


For breakfast Jaron requested crepes. We usually only have them on Christmas morning, but he really loves them, so that's what he got and as you can see, he REALLY enjoyed them!

(Don't you love his Darth Vader cup? He insisted on using it since it goes along with his theme)



I had originally planned on taking Jaron to see the second half of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" movie, but since he had a friend over I decided not to, besides, we were invited over to a friends house to swim in their pool and all the kids wanted to do that.

This swimming pool is so much fun, I wish we had one like this in our back yard. Jaron and Jantzen absolutely love the fact that there's a hot tub in one corner and a water slide in the other corner. Of course Jaron has to act like a goof ball for the camera...


He played a lot of games in the pool with his friends Jace, Keagan, and Kaiden...


...but mostly he enjoyed the water slide...


...and jumping off the waterfall...




Jantzen even got in on some of the fun stuff...the water slide was his favorite...


I loved watching him play in the waterfall...


Later on we took Jaron to Cafe Rio for dinner. He originally wanted to go to McDonald's, but changed his mind later (I had no problem with that!).

Here's Jaron enjoying some yummy Cafe Rio chips with Jantzen and Jace...


After dinner, we came back to the house so Jaron could open his presents.


The kids always get out a little chair for them to sit on while they open their presents and right after Jaron sat his chair down Jaedyn went to get herself one. It was so cute because she sat it right next to him. She had to sit by her "honey" while he opened his presents. Every time he opened one she'd get all excited and at one point she stopped, put out her hands, and said, "I want one"...it was so cute!


This was Jaron's favorite present, a "Star Wars Emperor Palpatine" Lego ship. He was so excited to put it together.


Jaron got some fun stuff this year, he loved it all! He got the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightening Thief" DVD, a "Halo" action figure, a "Halo" Lego set, "Rocka 3.0" (Hero Factory) figure, "Star Wars" Lego ship, Blue "Club Penguin" toy, a black "Puffle" (Club Penguin), an inchworm "Hex Bug" robot, a "BeyBlade", and two tornado "BeyBlades".


Then, when Jaron was all done opening his presents it was time for cake and ice cream. It took a little while to get him away from his new toys so we could sing to him...he just wanted to play.

Here's Jaron's cake this year. It has Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker fighting with their light sabers (they actually light up).



Jaron had to have a picture with his cake of him making Darth and Luke fight (if you look closely you can see that their light sabers are a different color, he's making them light up)...


We then sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he blew out his candles...


Jaron asked for the piece of cake that had his name on it, but instead of eating his cake and ice cream, he just sat and played with his "Hex Bug".


Jaedyn sure enjoyed the cake, well, at least the frosting. That's all she ever eats when she has cake, just look at her face...


When Jaron finally started eating, he only ate his ice cream, but his robot was right next to him so he could resume playing with it!


While we all were enjoying our cake and ice cream, Darth and Luke were battling it out on the table. I wonder who's going to win...


We decided to let Jace have another sleepover because both him and Jaron wanted to continue hanging out and play with Jaron's new toys. The first thing they did was put together Jaron's new "Star Wars" ship. That kept them busy most of the night, then they had popcorn and watched Jaron's new movie.


It was a good day for Jaron. He said he had a lot of fun with his friends and he loved all the presents he got.

Jaron is such a blessing in our family. He's a good kid that helps out with his younger siblings and is very caring and thoughtful of everyone. I couldn't have picked a better kid to be my first born. We all love you so very much Jaron, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: