Friday, March 2, 2012

"The Cat in the Hat"

This week my boys are celebrating reading week at school. Every day they've been able to dress a certain way they normally wouldn't get to on a regular school week. Yesterday they got to dress up as a favorite character in a story. I tried to get Jaron to dress as "Harry Potter" because he already has the costume and he loves those books, but he wouldn't. I guess being a 5th grader makes him too cool for stuff like that. Jantzen, on the other hand, loves to dress up. He decided to be "The Cat in the Hat" because he loves those books. I made a bow out of some scrap material I had and a hat out of paper. He already had white gloves and Jaron was nice and let him borrow some of his shirts. The one thing Jantzen wouldn't let me do was draw a nose and whiskers on his face. Other than that, I think he looked pretty good as "The Cat in the Hat"...

Photobucket

Jantzen told me all of his friends loved his costume and said he had fun wearing it all day.

No comments: