Jantzen was really excited to wear the yellow vests and some of his dad's gloves to clean up the park. I was happy and excited that he wasn't complaining about having to work like he does at home when I ask him to vacuum the floor.
We got a quick picture of the three of us by one of the city's trucks and then we were off to work (yes, Josh's gloves are a little big on me)...

Jantzen and Jaedyn quickly got to work with Jansen pulling weeds and putting them in a trash bag...

Jantzen's favorite part of cleaning was sweeping the sand off the playground. He worked really hard on it and did an awesome job!

Jaedyn eventually came over by me and helped pull weeds. She was so proud of herself every time she got one out...


Then, she tried out the trash picker-upper (word?). It was a little hard for her to maneuver, so she gave up on it pretty quickly...

Jaedyn decided she had worked pretty hard and therefore deserved a little play time with Emmy. Of course, her choice was to play in the rocks. I don't know why, but that girl LOVES to play with rocks. Maybe it's because there's too many in this town.
I love the show-off-the-diaper look she's sporting...
I love the show-off-the-diaper look she's sporting...

After playing with Emmy for a while, Jaedyn found her favorite boy...Casen! After that, I didn't get any more work out of her. She just wanted to play with him.

Jantzen and I worked for a couple hours before we had to leave and pick up Jaron and after we were all done, the kids got to enjoy some cold water and snacks.

It's such a nice feeling to give service to others and I'm so glad that part of my family got to share in it with me this time. I hope they learned how great it feels to give service to others. I hope next time my whole family will get to be there together.


No comments:
Post a Comment