This time Jaron decided he wanted a camp fire cake, so I checked out Pinterest (I love that site) and I found a really cute idea that Jaron loved. I baked the four layers of chocolate cake and frosted them while Jaron was at school. When he got home I let him do the rest of the cake. First, he started with crushing up some Oreo's for the dirt. As you can see, he had a blast doing this...he's very animated sometimes!

Then Jaron sprinkled the Oreo's on the cake and added the wood (creme filled Pirouette Chocolate rolled wafers). Both Jaron and Jantzen had to test these wafers out to see if they were any good. I think by their faces that's a big YES!!

The last thing Jaron added to his cake was the flames. I made these out of butterscotch and cinnamon discs. I crushed them up, baked them in the oven, and then after they cooled I broke them apart.

I think his cake turned out pretty cool (you can't tell by the picture, but it was actually almost 10 inches tall) ...

I got a quick picture of Josh and Jaron together with the cake before we headed to the banquet...

At the banquet I got a picture of the rest of us together at the cake table...

For dinner we enjoyed a baked potato bar and salad. On the tables were mini marshmallows and toothpicks for the kids to make stuff with. My boys seemed a little more interested in creating things with the marshmallows than they did eating anything. Jantzen and Camden made "warriors" so they could fight each other...

Jaron ended up making a chair, a person, and a space shuttle (I thought this was the best one)...

Here's Jaedyn enjoying some "daddy time"...

There was a game in the back of the gym for the scouts to play with. They had to work together to hook a 2x4 with ropes. With so many of the boys yelling different directions all at once, it made it hard for them to complete, but they got pretty close before they gave up.


At the entrance there were some green crepe paper streamers hanging from the door and my sweet little angel decided it would be fun to tear them down. After the first piece she brought to me, I told her not to do it again. That didn't stop her. She ended up taking down a couple more pieces...what a little stinker!!

When Jaedyn wasn't tearing down the decorations, she was playing with her "boyfriend", Casen. I caught them under the table hugging each other...

After dinner was all over, each of the Cub Scout dens did a skit. I don't remember exactly what Jaron's was about because it was hard to hear them, but they did a lot of running and rolling around...it was pretty funny to watch...

While the rest of the dens did their skits, Jaedyn went over with Casen and Camden to try and hook the 2x4. It didn't work out so well for them, but they had fun trying...

After all the skits were done, it was time to hand out awards. Jaron received his "Webelos" badge (and pin that he had to put on me), his fitness pin, and handyman pin.

The last thing that was done at the "Blue and Gold" banquet were the awards for the cakes. Each boy was given an award for their cake, something that stood out most about it. Jaron's cake received the "Best 3D" cake award. The cakes were eaten for dessert and Jaron's went pretty fast!


Jaron had a blast at his last "Blue and Gold" banquet. I'm so proud of all that he's accomplished in such a short time as a Webelo. Now he's working on receiving his "Arrow of Light" award...Good Luck Jaron!!


2 comments:
I am a scout co-committee chair in our stake. We just had our blue and gold and I can tell you that Jaron's cake looks better than the cakes that showed up at ours.
Post a Comment