Yesterday Jaedyn celebrated her birthday with her friends. This year she chose to have a "Hello Kitty" themed birthday. She was so excited to have a party with her friends, it's all she's talked about for the last couple months. She's had such a hard time waiting and watching all the rest of us have our birthdays. When the time finally came for her to be celebrated she was ecstatic!
Here's the invitation I made for her birthday party...
I took some quick pictures of the birthday girl before her party began. She picked out this Hello Kitty shirt a while ago and it was killing her to have to wait until her birthday to wear it, now she doesn't want to take it off!
Here's the decorations I came up with for her party...
I put streamers up in the front room in her party colors (hot pink, light pink, blue, and white) with some tissue flowers...
In the kitchen I put up her birthday banner with some more tissue flowers and tissue balls...
Jaedyn picked out a "Pin the Bow on Kitty" game to play with her friends...
...and, here was her birthday goodie table...
I added her name to cover up the Hello Kitty name on the poster...
...and I made these topiaries using whiffle balls and silk flowers...
I found these fun Hello Kitty bags at Target and I thought they'd make cute and fun goodie bags...
Inside the bags were a Pez dispenser, a necklace, a deck of playing cards, a coloring book, a puzzle, a mini notepad, fruit snacks, a pencil, pen, and eraser...
I also made some "thank you" candy bars (white chocolate Kit Kats) for all the girls...
I made these Hello Kitty hats out of foamy hats and ribbon, Jaedyn loved them!
I made cupcakes for dessert and I got a super sweet deal on the Hello Kitty rings on top of them...FREE! That's right, I got them all for free. The cupcakes were really good too!
When all of Jaedyn's friends arrived, I had them make flower wands. They had a lot of fun with this and it really brought out their creativity.
This was the final (one side) product of Jaedyn's creativity. She had so much fun making this wand.
When all the girls were done making their wands, I gave them all a Hello Kitty hat and got a group picture before we played some games. Aren't they so cute?...
My super cute cheesy birthday girl. I think she's ready to party...
The first game the girls played was "Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty". Jaedyn was really excited to play this game. I didn't think she'd do very well with a blind fold on, but she did great!
And, she was the only one to get her bow the closest to it's target...
Jaedyn insisted that Jaron participate in this game too. It was cute because she was the one who wanted to turn him around in circles before he stuck his bow on. He laughed the whole time and so did Jaedyn's friends. He didn't do too bad sticking his bow on either...
This was the result of the rest of the bows...not too bad!
Next up I let the girls have cupcakes since we were waiting for our pinata holder to get back. I made one cupcake special just for Jaedyn, it had pink and blue heart sprinkles on it...she was so excited to eat it.
Jaedyn's friends all sang "Happy Birthday" to her...
...she sat mesmerized...
...then they all proceeded to devour their cupcakes...
And, of course, Jaedyn had to get a little goofy for the camera...
After several cupcakes were eaten, Jaedyn got to open her presents. She got some really fun stuff that she was so excited for. I loved watching her face every time she opened a present, it was so cute!
When Jaedyn's presents were all opened, we moved on to the pinata. Since it was just Jaedyn and her friends hitting the pinata Josh decided to hold it and hope that he didn't get hit in the hand or foot. Jaedyn did pretty good hitting the pinata, but some of the other girls were a little more vicious to it.
In the end, Josh pulled the strings and all the candy came flying out. The girls all got a bag to fill up with candy and then we let them loose. Jaedyn knows how to collect candy. Her brothers will only go for what they like, but she knows to just go for it all and pick out later what you don't want (and mom and dad will eat it!).
Jaedyn took one look at her pinata after it was all over and said, "Poor, Poor Kitty!"...
While we waited for moms to come, the girls ran around the house playing, dancing, and screaming. It was funny because Jaron was getting super annoyed with all the yelling, so he asked if we could make them stop. Josh told him, "You have a sister, get used to it!"...I just laughed.
Jaedyn also did a little solo dance here for her friends...she's so cute!
Jaedyn's party turned out so cute and everything went good, she had so much fun with her friends and I enjoyed having them all over.
Jaedyn's also really loving her Hello Kitty hat I made, she quickly put it on after church today...
Tomorrow we get to celebrate her actual birthday with her, it should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment