Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Night Out with Josh and Luke...

Last night was so much fun! Josh and I dropped the kids off at Nena's house and then headed to Red Rock for the Luke Bryan concert... 

Photobucket
 
 I've been so exited to go to this concert because Luke Bryan is my favorite country singer and because I haven't been to a concert since before Jaron was born...it was a Depeche Mode concert. 
 
I bought our tickets early enough that we were able to be on the floor, row 15 in the middle. It was nice to be that close. There was a sign saying no cameras or posters, so Josh had to take my camera back to our car and I was sad that I was going to have to rely on his cell phone for pictures. Here's a view of the stage from our seats before the concert started (taken with Josh's phone)...
 
Photobucket
 
 
Photobucket
 
 The pictures that Josh was taking with his phone of the opening acts weren't turning out very good and it made me really sad, so Josh was a sweetheart and he went out to the car and smuggled my camera back in. I don't feel bad having him do that because there were a lot of people with cameras. 
 
Jason Aldean was supposed to be Luke's opening act, but he had another thing going on last night, so there were a couple local performers that opened. This group is called "Nashville Unplugged" and they play here every weekend with a different song writer. These are song writers that help actual country singers write their songs. The guy in the middle helps Miranda Lambert write her songs. They were really good and entertaining.
 
Photobucket
 
 Finally, around 9pm Luke came out! He told us that he hadn't been feeling good and that he got a shot in his bum (he used a different word...for a donkey) and said he was good to go. His being sick didn't seem to affect his singing, he sounded awesome! 
 
Photobucket
 
 Luke sang all of my favorite songs and then some more songs from different artists. I'm thinking they are songs from bands that have influenced him. He sang some Metallica, Journey, some others I don't quite remember, and he even sang Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back". That one was funny because everyone was singing along and after the song was over Luke asked everyone in the audience how we all knew the words. I was thinking the same thing because most of the 8000 people there were young girls...Josh and I were some of the "old folks" there, so we for sure knew the words to that song. 
 
Photobucket
 
 He sang Journey's "Faithfully" on the piano along with his song "Do I"...he plays so good on the piano and all the girls went crazy for him as he played.
 
Photobucket
 
 This guy has some amazing talent...his voice sounded just like it does on his recorded music. 
 
Photobucket
 
 
Photobucket
 
 Luke also has some fun dance moves that all the girls went wild for. Josh tries to dance the same way, but he hasn't quite perfected it yet. I think he does it to make me laugh, and it works.
 
Photobucket
 
 Towards the end of the concert, Luke sang his song "Country Girl". He then interrupted the song to say, "I'm always asking the girls to shake it, so how about I ask the guys to shake it for the ladies?" and all the girls yelled "yes". So, he pulled a guy out of the audience to come up on stage and dance for everyone. The band played some music and the guy started jumping around with his hands in the air. After about a minute of this Luke interrupted him and asked him what he was doing. He said, "It looks like you're doing P90X", and then he started doing some P90X moves...it was hilarious, everyone was laughing, including the guy on stage. Luke then showed him how to do some dancing and, again, the girls went wild! 
 
Photobucket
 
 At the end of the concert, Luke stood on a platform and sang a few more songs and did some more dancing that all the girls love (bottom right corner picture)...and then it was over...
 
Photobucket
 
 I was sad it was over. Luke did an awesome job with his singing and entertaining, even Josh agreed with me on that. He was funny and got the audience to participate a lot and it was by far the BEST concert I've ever been to! I had a little bit of a headache because it was so loud, and I'm so old, but it was worth it. I'll definitely go again if he comes back to town. 
 
I got a quick picture of Josh and I before we left...
 
Photobucket
 
 ..then we headed home to a quiet house!

No comments: