Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Fun...2012

Today we went up to the mountains for our annual "Labor Day" picnic. The weather has still been way too hot for me to handle, so I really look forward to this day...we don't get up to the mountains enough. When we got up there we set up our picnic stuff. Josh didn't want to set up the canopy because the weather was perfect and he said we wouldn't need it, but I insisted that he should, so he did. It's a good thing I had him set up the canopy because not long after it was up the weather changed and it started hailing. It was so crazy, but it didn't last long. The kids thought it was cool and I gave a "I told you so" to Josh.

This year we went with the McKee's and Jaedyn was so excited because she wanted to hang out with Casen, aka her "boyfriend". Casen got this play golf set for his birthday and Jaedyn had a blast playing with it with him...

Photobucket

Jaron and Jantzen played with the rest of the McKee boys and they found this really cool fort that had already been built. This is where they took shelter when the quick hail storm came through...

Photobucket
 
They also had a "bridge", as they called it, leading to their fort that they had fun playing on. Jaedyn had to get in on the fun with them and her brothers were really sweet as they helped her cross the bridge...
 
Photobucket
 
After eating lunch and playing for a little while, Mary and I took the kids on a hike up the mountain...the kids love to go hiking. Jaron and Jaedyn stopped to check out a little bit of graffiti on one of the trees. It really irritates me that people do stuff like that, especially in the middle of nature!
 
Photobucket
 
After a while of hiking, we all took a little break...
 
Photobucket
 
Jaedyn did a little modeling for me...
 
Photobucket
 
...then Krew joined her...
 
Photobucket
 
...and they had fun making funny faces at me...
 
Photobucket
 
While the boys were exploring, Jaedyn found a tree stump to practice some of her gymnastics moves on...
 
Photobucket
 
Jaron found a bunch of ants that he decided to irritate a little bit...
 
Photobucket
 
Then we continued on with our hike. On our way down the boys took us on a steeper side of the mountain than where we hiked up. Jantzen had a little bit of trouble with it. He almost fell down, but was able to quickly catch himself. Next time I'll lead on the way down instead of letting the boys.
 
Photobucket
 
By the time we got back from our hike, it was time to pack up to go home. I got a couple pictures of us adults to prove that our kids weren't there without any parental supervision. 
 
Here I am with my cute friend Mary...
 
Photobucket
 
...and then all of us together...
 
Photobucket
 
Before we went home we decided to drive up to the ski resort and see if the lifts were open. They were, so we paid for all of us to take a ride up the mountain on them. Jaedyn was a little hesitant at first, she wasn't sure this ride was going to be a fun thing. She latched on to her daddy pretty tight...
 
Photobucket
 
 
Photobucket
 
Jaron and Jantzen rode on the ski lift with me. Jaron was loving the ride...
 
Photobucket
 
...Jantzen, not so much! He was a little freaked out about how high he was. I told him to just sit back, hold on, and relax and he'd be fine. After a little while he wasn't as scared anymore.
 
Photobucket
 
I attempted to get a picture of the boys and I, but this is what I got. I had to hold the camera out pretty far just to get this and thought if I tried to hold it out any farther that I'd drop it...sorry boys!
 
Photobucket
 
I got our feet instead...
 
Photobucket
 
Josh and Jaedyn were two seats ahead of us and he took this picture of the boys and I with his GoPro. It doesn't really look like we're that high above the ground, but we really were pretty high up...
 
Photobucket
 
Josh got some fun pictures of him and Jaedyn goofing around on the way up the mountain. Jaedyn seemed to be having a good time after she relaxed a little...
 
Photobucket
 
Jaedyn got a picture of her feet too. I'm thinking her legs were crossed and that's why her shoes look like they're on the wrong feet because I don't remember putting them on her that way...
 
Photobucket
 
Once we got to the top of the mountain, we got off to explore a little bit. Jaedyn had to show me who's #1 in our family (I'm thinking it's her?)...
 
Photobucket
 
...and then, of course, she had to give Jantzen some bunny ears!
 
Photobucket
 
My camera battery died right after I got the pictures of Josh and the kids, so Josh started using his GoPro. Here's a cute picture of all of us on top of the mountain that he took...I'm glad we're all in it!
 
Photobucket
 
We hopped back on the ski lifts and headed back down the mountain. Jaedyn had some more fun with Josh's camera...
 
Photobucket
 
 
Photobucket
 
On our ride the boys spotted this red bra dangling from one of the trees, they thought it was really funny and they laughed...you know, the way little boys do. I wonder how many times it took to get the bra to hang on the tree like that.
 
Photobucket
 
Our ride finally ended and the boys wanted to go again, but I didn't want to pay again so we didn't. We headed home...back to the heat! 
 
We all had another fun Labor Day in the mountains. I love the cooler weather and I can't wait for it to cool off at home!

No comments: