Last night I went to an advanced screening of "Breaking Dawn Part 2" with my girls.
We were all so excited to see the final installment of the Twilight movies and to have a night away from our "mommy/wife" duties. We had dinner at Olive Garden before the movie and it was yummy. Josh isn't a fan of that place, so that's where I go when I'm with my friends. When we got there, the theater was packed, so we had to sit in the seats up front...they weren't too bad though.
I have mixed emotions about this movie, so here's my review of it:
I liked it, but I didn't. I thought there were a few too many cheesy parts in it that they could have made not so cheesy. There were funny parts and then there were some parts that could have been left out of the movie altogether. Let's just say that they were a little too much for younger audience members to be watching and they lasted a little too long. It's been about 4 years since I read all of the Twilight books, but there were some things that happened towards the end of the movie that I don't remember happening in the book and they upset me and some of my friends, but then it was all better. I am a big fan of the Twilight books, so even though it wasn't my favorite movie out of them all, I'll still buy it when it comes out on DVD. Sometimes a girl needs "cheesy" stuff in her life!
Overall, it was a fun night out with my friends. These girls really are a lot of fun to hang out with. I really look forward to getting out and not having to listen to kids yelling and screaming. I'm lucky to have a hubby that's totally cool with me having lots of girls nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment