Thursday, November 8, 2012

Petting Zoo Assembly

This morning Jaedyn and I went to Jantzen's school for a fun assembly that the PTO was doing for the kids. The assembly was called "Petting Zoo 2 U" and it was with a bunch of different animals from South America. The lady doing the assembly talked about all the different kinds of animals she brought and she even let the kids ask questions about them. Here are some of the animals she brought (there were a lot more)... 

Photobucket
 
 I don't remember what types of animals they all are, but the Macaw was my favorite one. It did a lot of cute tricks like playing dead when the lady pretended to shoot him, he whistled, he sneezed, etc. It was all cute. 
 
Jantzen, and all the other kids were loving it. There was one animal she brought that gave the kids a little scare and that was a big lizard. It jumped out of the lady's arms on the stage and the kids thought he was going to get them, it was kind of funny! 
 
Photobucket
 
 One of the last animals that was brought out was this little guy... 
 
Photobucket
 
 I'm being sarcastic here because this little guy wasn't so little. He is a 16 foot Yellow Burmese Python. 
 
Not all of the kids liked him, especially Jantzen and Jaedyn. He was on the table for the kids to touch him, but they wanted nothing to do with that part of the assembly. This is as close as Jantzen got to him...
 
Photobucket
 
 The very last animal that was brought out was this llama. The kids also had an opportunity to pet it, but again, Jantzen wanted nothing to do with it. Jaedyn, on the other hand, was very eager to pet the llama.
 
Photobucket
 
 She even gave it a hug...
 
Photobucket
 
 Yes, I did sanitize my kids' hands after the assembly. 
 
 I thought this was a fun assembly and so did my kids. We all got to see some animals that we've never heard of before and this is the first, and LAST time I'm getting that close to a huge python ever again!

No comments: