My friends talked me into signing up for the "Color Me Rad 5k" this year. I'm not a big runner because I have a bad knee, but I thought it might be fun, so I did it. I tried to get my boys to do it with me, but they were being chickens. Some of us girls got together on Thursday night to make our tutu's that we were going to wear while we ran...Natalie is the goofball in the bunch...
I was able to score a free slot for a child, but I still couldn't convince either one of my boys to join me, so I invited my super cute niece Sadie. She was so excited to run with us. Yesterday morning we got up bright and early (we had a 9:30am start time) and got dressed in our tutu's and headed over to the speedway.
We got some group pictures of us girls and the kids before we headed to the starting line...
Then, we met up with the rest of the group for an over sized group picture. That's a lot of white tutu's!
We got our "RAD" tattoo's put on...
...took our potty breaks, then headed to the starting line to wait for our signal to start running.
There were a few people throwing around some color packets before the run started, so Sadie and I got a little dirty before we began. It was all good though, she was loving it.
Our signal went off and so did we! My knee was actually doing better than I thought it would and the running wasn't too bad.
I mostly stayed with my friends that had their kids with them. My friend Mary ended up giving her son a "piggy back ride" for most of the run and I gave Jessica's son (pictured below on the far right) one for a big chunk of the run since she's pregnant. Luckily I had some friends ahead of us that Sadie stayed with because I couldn't really run with a kid on my back. It was a good workout though.
Along the way I noticed my arm had an awesome color design going on...
I made it to the finish line without my knee giving me too many problems...yay!!
So, I did a little celebrating...
Then, we all did some celebrating...
Sadie loved the end because she got very colorful...
What a colorful bunch we are!
I didn't get a lot of color on my face, but my hands looked like I was part smurf...
This is how we rode home...we didn't want to ruin any one's car interior with our colorfulness. It was a fun, bumpy, windy ride home!
I had a lot more fun doing this 5K than I thought I would. When I got home, Sadie and I told Josh and the kids all about it and then Jaron and Jantzen said they wished they would've gone with us. Josh said next time we'll do it as a family...that will be fun, I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment