Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Double Dose of Scouts!!

Tonight was a busy night for us, both of my boys were getting awards at scouts.

We started the night first with Jantzen's pack meeting for Cub Scouts.  He earned his Bobcat award and was presented with it tonight at a fun ceremony that involved face coloring.  Josh had the most fun coloring Jantzen's face, as you can see by the big red spot on his chin.

 photo DSCN7819_zps2c380048.jpg
 
Jantzen was so excited to receive his Bobcat award tonight and we're so proud of how hard he's working in Cub Scouts so he can earn more awards.
 
 photo DSCN7816_zpsab273bfe.jpg
 
After the awards part of the pack meeting was over, the Cubmaster had a fun game for all the boys to play.  They each got their own pvc pipe marshmallow shooter.  As you can see, Jantzen was a "little" excited about this activity...
 
 photo DSCN7808_zpsd583a15d.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN7809_zps204fc49a.jpg
 
Jantzen had a blast shooting marshmallows at empty soda cans...
 
 photo jantzmarshmallowshooter_zps22643951.jpg
 
After Jantzen's pack meeting fun was over, we had to rush back inside the church for Jaron's "Court of Honor" awards program.

Jaron was presented with his "1st" and "2nd" Class badges for work he had completed in his 11 year old scout troop.  I got to go up with him and get my pins for his awards too... 
 
 photo DSCN7822_zpsb60b7888.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN7823_zpsc37c0a1f.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN7824_zps5cd1f1d3.jpg
 
Jaron worked really hard to get these awards and his goal was to complete them before he moved up to the official Boy Scouts program...and he did it!  We're so proud of him and all of his hard work that he's put into his scouting career so far.
 
 photo DSCN7828_zps8c4139ff.jpg
 
 Here's my two little scouters that I'm so proud of...
 
 photo DSCN7827_zps451ca2c1.jpg
 
They really enjoy going to scouts every week and learning new things.  Jantzen is now focusing on getting his "Wolf" badge and Jaron is focusing on his path to earning his "Eagle" award.  I know with a lot of hard work that they both can accomplish their goals...Good Luck Boys!!

Oh, and here's a picture of my awards...
 
 photo DSCN7829_zpsec241697.jpg
 
I love that I get awards for supporting my boys too...I love them...my boys, that is!!!

No comments: