I took Jaedyn to the dinosaur park today after dance because I told her a few days ago that there's turtles there. At the moment she's obsessed with the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", so she immediately thought I was referring to them. Needless to say, I didn't have to do any convincing or begging to get her to go there. Her friend Sarah from dance decided to join us too.
When we first got there, I made Jaedyn eat her lunch, then I gave her and Sarah some bread to feed to the ducks and geese. At first the girls had no takers on their yummy bread...
...but that quickly changed!
Jaedyn and Sarah got bombarded by ducks, geese, and pigeons! At first, it kind of freaked them out. After a minute they were okay with it and had a blast throwing bread to them all. There were a few geese that tried to take the bread right out of the girls' hands, but I was right there to shoo them away before anyone got hurt.
When our bread was all gone, we went on a walk to try and find the "Ninja Turtles". Jaedyn spotted a couple of them along the edge of the pond and she told me that it was "Donatello" and "Leonardo". She was sad that all four of the turtles weren't together, but she did find the other two swimming in the pond. So, all was good in Jaedyn's world. I love that girl and her imagination!
We did some more walking and exploring along the pond. We discovered that the "Ninja Turtles" have several relatives in the area. Jaedyn was super excited about that!
On our way back to our car I asked Jaedyn to pose for me in front of some ducks. Her expression cracked me up...
She was afraid that the ducks were going to come up and "bite her booty". Silly girl!
Jaedyn has now requested that we visit the "Ninja Turtles" every week after dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment