We just got back from a quick weekend trip to southern California for cousin Amanda's wedding. We've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now because we love going there to visit and it was nice being able to go there for this special occasion.
Here's Josh's cute cousin Amanda and her new hubby Marty...
They have such an awesome story of how they met (this is a second marriage for both of them) and they are absolutely perfect together!
Their wedding/reception was at a gorgeous mansion that Josh and I wish we could live in. It just happens to be owned by a couple that are part of the Rick's family (Rick's College aka BYU-Idaho). The ceremony was beautiful and there wasn't a dry eye there, including the bride and groom.
(Here are a few pictures from their special day)
There was some dancing at the reception and I tried to get my family to dance with me, but they were all being party poopers until...Harlem Shake started playing. Jantzen was all the way on the other side of the yard when this song came on and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there he was getting down to the music. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it, but I didn't. I've never seen him so excited about a song before, it was hilarious! After that, I was able to get the rest of my kids to dance with me and their cousins. We had a ton of fun and danced all night!
This morning we came home, but before we did, we stopped to eat breakfast with Nena and her family, then we headed to the beach. We can't go to California and not make a trip to the beach, even if it's a quick trip. It was an overcast day, but the weather was perfect!
Even though it wasn't very warm, Jaron and Jantzen wanted to stick their feet in the water. I told them not to get anything but their feet wet though because we were heading home, it was really hard for them to stay dry...they love the ocean! They just stood there waiting for the waves to come in and "get them"...
Jaedyn didn't want to get anywhere near the water, instead she decided to draw pictures in the sand. It didn't take long for her brothers to join her...
...Jantzen kept drawing and writing words close to the waves, so they kept getting erased.
This was a cute little head that Jaedyn drew, I was really impressed with her artistic skills...
...she then added a body to it...
...I got a good laugh because I didn't quite know what was going on with it, but it was really cute.
Our time was up and we needed to start heading home. Of course the kids weren't happy about that, but they have school tomorrow and Josh has to work so we had to go. Luckily for them we're already planning our next trip to California.
Congratulations again to Amanda and Marty! We all hope you have an eternity of happiness together!
No comments:
Post a Comment