Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Joys of Being a Big Brother


Jaron is such an awesome big brother to Jantzen. We were worried at first when Jantzen was born that Jaron would have a hard time with it since he had been an only child for four years, but he has been a really good helper. He loves Jantzen so much and shows it on a daily basis by giving him hugs, telling him he loves him, and by putting up with a lot of crap from him. There are so many things that go on between these two that I've had to write them down so I don't forget. Some are hilarious and some I don't know if I could have the same patience with Jantzen on, but Jaron is good at it. I should take a few lessons from him. Here is a list of everything I see Jaron deal with...

* After Jaron gets out of the shower Jantzen will chase him around to try and pinch his tooshy. Jaron can run pretty fast when he needs to.

* Jantzen loves to shut the TV off when Jaron is watching something. Sure Jaron gets mad at first, but does calm down very quickly.

* Jaron can't have any friends over without Jantzen wanting to be included in everything. They always let him join the playing.

* Anytime Jaron is gone somewhere, mostly at school, Jantzen will go in his room and make a mess out of it. The one thing that frustrates Jaron the most is that he will get into all his little lego sets and take them apart and make his own things, they usually get lost not too long after that.

* Jaron is such a good sport about watching what Jantzen wants, it's not very often that he gets to pick a show or movie. For the most part he will agree on what to watch.

* There is some times that Jaron wants to play quietly by himself in his room and Jantzen doesn't allow it. He always has to have Jaron playing with him. I just think Jantzen misses him all day while he's at school.

* Jantzen will tackle Jaron for no reason when he is sitting down.

* When they play video games together Jaron will let Jantzen win so he doesn't get mad.

* When we eat Jantzen will sometimes steal food off Jaron's plate. I promise we do give him enough food, he just wants Jaron's instead.

* Jaron will play "Burrito" with Jantzen (Jaron is rolled up in a blanket like a burrito). Jantzen will pretend to eat him and tickle him.

* When Jaron plays Star Wars Legos on the Wii he will be the characters that Jantzen wants to make him happy.

* Sometimes in the middle of playing the motorcycle video games Jantzen will stop it and make Jaron change his person and bike.

* A few times while Jaron is making his bed Jantzen has taken his stuffed monkey that he puts on his bed and will run in his room and lock his door so Jaron can't have it. Jantzen does have his own, but he likes to tease Jaron.

* While Jaron tries to clean the toy room Jantzen will "go shopping", as he calls it, with his Walmart cart and take toys to their bedrooms so Jaron has to go find them to put them away.

* Jaron reads the book "To Pee Or Not To Pee" when Jantzen is in the bathroom to encourage him to go. He will even change the names of the chracters to be their names. Jantzen loves this.

* If Josh or I are not around when Jantzen has to go Jaron is his potty helper.

* Jaron is teaching Jantzen how to ride his bike. He will walk along side him to show him how to do it and give him a push when needed.

* If Jantzen falls asleep before we put them to bed Jaron will automatically go unmake his bed so we can put him in it. We don't even have to ask him to do it. He is such a good helper.

I'm so glad that Janzten has an older brother like Jaron. He is a great example of never ending love. He will make a great dad one day (I have told him after his mission and his temple marriage). Sometimes I wonder why he is such a loving kid with everything that Jantzen does to him. He is also very excited to have another sibling. I didn't think he would be, but he tells me all the time that he can't wait to meet the new baby. Our new baby will be just as lucky as Jantzen to have Jaron as the big brother to love and protect them always.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That;s such a sweet post! Brothers are so cute together!! My boys are best buds, and I love it!!

Samantha said...

Jaron is a sweet little guy, what a great big brother!