The first night we got there all we did was set up camp, eat dinner, and hang out by the fire (we weren't supposed to have one, but we did anyway). The boys built a really nice fire pit. I didn't sleep well that night. I am a light sleeper and I saw, around 3 am, a light shining on our tent along with hearing noises like someone was walking around our camp. I also heard someone or something messing with our garbage bag hanging from a nearby tree. Josh told me I was just being paranoid, but I know what I heard. Luckily nothing was gone or messed with when we woke up.
The next day the boys were off playing all day, we hardly saw them except for meals and for rides on the four wheelers. On one of the rides that Josh took the boys on, as they were leaving Jantzen said, "bye bye suckas!" Then Josh said he was singing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" for the whole ride. He's so cute! It was nice that the boys could go explore the mountains, including Jantzen this time. He had a lot of fun hanging out with the big kids. I caught them making a track in the dirt for the bugs. It was pretty cool, except for the fact that they were spraying bug spray on it so I don't think any bugs are going to be using it any time soon. Jantzen and Daniella worked together on theirs, they were buddies the whole time we were camping.
While the kids were playing Tricia and I hung out in the sun trying to get some color on our legs (I was also trying to get my ankles to go down and not be so swollen). Josh, on the other hand, decided he would take a nap. I guess that's one of the best parts of camping, being lazy while relaxing. This time I actually got some pictures of Jaron. Last time we went camping I hardly saw him at all.
As always, Jantzen had a ton of fun playing with Joey. He literally got down and dirty while playing with him. That's one thing he really enjoys about camping, getting dirty and not having to take a bath every night. He also built a cool robot out of blocks that he had to show off to everyone. He did a pretty good job.
Everyone there got to listen to Jantzen talk about having a "Wonder Pets" birthday party and everything that goes along with it. I was amazed at how much Caden and Spencer knew about the Wonder Pets. Then Jantzen proceed to tell them that he is waiting for the "Wonder Pets Save Boba Fett" episode to come on TV, he is going to be waiting for a long time.
That night we enjoyed "hobo" dinners and smores while visiting some more. It was nice when all the kids went to bed, so peaceful and quiet. It was just us adults sitting around visiting.
Our last day there we just took our time packing up everything. The kids went off to play some more and got a few more rides in on the four wheelers. The kids found a tree up there that they called "The Happy Tree". I'm not sure why, but that's what they named it. Here is a picture of Caden, Daniella, Spencer, and Jantzen in it.
I think after a couple days the kids were getting tired and worn out from camping so they just hung out by the fire pit and chatted. I got some cute pictures of Jaron and Jantzen together. They are best buds! I love how they love each other so much. Jaron included Jantzen a lot this weekend, which made it nice for me not having to entertain him the whole time.
One of the last things Jantzen did was play some more with Joey. Joey was sitting in the shade so Jantzen went over to hang out with him. Joey was already dirty so Jantzen thought he would help him out a little bit more. He started using a stick to scoop up dirt and put it on Joey's back. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I'm painting him brown. He doesn't want to be white anymore". I thought that was hilarious! Joey didn't seem to mind at all, he just laid there the whole time.
We were finally on our way home, to much needed showers by all of us. Jantzen wore himself out so much that he didn't make it very far before he fell asleep. He didn't look very comfortable, but he didn't complain at all.
Overall, it was another fun weekend of camping. I'm not sure if we will be going again this summer because Jaedyn is due in three months, but we'll for sure go more from now on. The boys love it and it's nice to get away from Vegas.



1 comment:
I wish we could have gone camping for Memorial Day, Neil had to sing in church, but it looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment