Jaron got to be in the front carrying a Sarcophagus and leading the funeral procession through a bunch of different classrooms. His teacher had some Egyptian funeral music playing and all the kids had to have their heads down as if they were really mourning. They were so serious, it was fun to watch them.
After they were done parading around they had to go and bury the Sarcophagus' in a tomb. Jaron's teacher had made a big blow up tomb that the kids put ancient Egyptian writings on. It was really cool. I got a video of Jaron taking his in first....
After all the kids were done I got a picture of all of them together. I told them to pose, not all of them would, but this is what I got. I love how Jaron was posing...he really got into it. He was being so cute!
When we got back to Jaron's classroom he decided that I needed to get a picture of him posing as if he were a dead Egyptian. He laid down on the floor and played the part well. You looked awesome Jaron!!
The kids all seemed to have a good time. I love how Jaron's teacher does things like this to get the kids involved in learning. Jaron has taught me so much about Ancient Egypt. Everyday he would ask me a different question about it that I wouldn't know. It's amazing how much you forget learning in school as the years go by. It's a good thing I have kids to refresh my memory.


1 comment:
What a fun class! He has an amazing teacher!
Post a Comment