Monday, June 15, 2009

Field Day Fun!

I'm a little slow at getting this posted , but I just got these pictures from Amy. I forgot my camera so she was kind enough to take some for me. So this is going to be about Jaron, pre-hair cut.

Last month Jaron's school had their annual field day. They do this every year around the end of the school year. It's always so hot so they do a lot of games that involve getting wet so they can cool off. It probably would have been nice for Jaron to have had his hair cut before this, but since they played in water he was fine. I brought my spray bottles with fans that I used for soccer to keep the kids cool when they weren't getting wet. They couldn't get enough of them.

One of the first games they played involved holding a ball between two kids' heads and walking a certain distance back and forth. Jaron, of course, did this with Kristin. They were so cute! It almost looks like they are kissing. I have already harrassed him about that and he just blushed. He said he likes her, I can totally tell by his face when I mentioned it to him.


The next game involved an enclosed ball that had slits in it with a water balloon inside. You wind it up and it gives you a certain amount of time before it makes the balloon pop and you get water all over you. The kids were having too much fun with this one. There was so much screaming from the girls that I think I lost some of my hearing. Notice who Jaron is sitting by again...that's right, it's Kristin!



I just love this picture of Jaron. He looks so cute and grown up in it. I almost wished I could play the games and get wet with him it was so hot.


Next there was some games on the field (with the almost dead grass) that was mostly a small obsticle course. It was funny watching the kids try to hurry through these hoops. When they got to the mats they had to roll on them. It's a good thing Jaron has a lot of energy. I was exhausted just watching.



Jaron was excited for this one. He had to lift a bucket over his head that was full of water and hand it to the person behind him. What he didn't know was that there was holes in the bottom of it. He got soaked...I'm sure he enjoyed it though. Just look at his expression...it's priceless!


He had some more relay races that they had to team up on poles for. I thought this was a little dangerous, but no one got hurt. Jaron did awesome on it! I don't understand why he didn't have this much energy when he was playing soccer. Both him and Espen took a quick break to pose for the camera. They are thinking in their heads..."we are so cool, just look at us!"



The last relay race they did they had to hang on a rope with a group of kids and run to one end of the black top. Once they got to the end they all had to put on jersy's without letting go of the rope and then run back to where they started. This was hilarious to watch even though some of the kids were getting very frustrated. Jaron was so nice, he helped Kaitlyn because she was having problems. I love the look of determination on his face while he runs back to the start. He is a very competitive person, he gets that from his dad.



After all the games were done the kids got to enjoy popcicles. I brought more than what they got from the school because I knew they would need it. Jaron just hung out with some friends while chatting and enjoying the coolness of the popcicles. Notice the face pulling again...this happens way too much in pictures of him and Jantzen. He definintly got Kristin's attention. I noticed she was never too far away from him the whole time they were playing. He had a great time and wishes he could do this everyday instead of doing his school work, don't we all.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You can tell that Jaron has a lot of personality with all those facial expressions.