Anyway, after dealing with Jantzen's attitude all morning while running errands it was time to get Jaron from school. I thought I would be nice and get one of the teachers (who has pick up duty after school) a slurpee since it's so stinkin' hot here right now. When I was leaving 7-11 I backed up too far and side swiped a pole. I didn't see it at all. I was so furious and then freaked because I didn't know how Josh would take it...heck, I've only had the thing for just over a month and just barely made the first payment on it.
When I got home I called Josh and left him a message since he was in a meeting. Then the boys and I tried to wash off the yellow paint, but didn't have much luck. Josh finally called back and asked what happened. I told him and he said I made it sound worse on my message. He was just glad that no one got hurt and said the dents and scratches can be fixed. I was glad that he was so understanding and not mad. He asked me what I learned from this...I think I won't park in the same place at 7-11 anymore.
Here is the before paint was cleaned off picture...
Josh was able to get the paint cleaned off so now all that is left are the scratches and dents. I now have to find somewhere to get them fixed. He told me he was waiting for something like this to happen since I'm driving a larger vehicle than I'm used too. I know I'm never going to live this down with him. He is going to harass me for years.
And here is the after the paint was cleaned off picture...It looks much better here, but still needs some TLC.


2 comments:
Rather a scratch on the bumper than a huge one on the door! Don't worry, I did the same thing years ago in my Sentra. Stupid poles, they need to get out of my way!
Ooh, I would have been so ticked off with myself. Glad it wasn't any worse and that nobody was hurt.
Post a Comment